Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-04-2024, 14:47   #1
cruiser

Certified Crew members wanted

We are looking for 8-12 crew members to join a great adventure. There will be several different legs, and different folks signing on, and signing off the crew as we go along. Get in where you fit in! People can sign on individually or in pairs, we have all it takes to have a successful sail. Please consider 4 weeks as a minimum time frame to join the crew on board. Shorter time periods are difficult.

If you are interested, please contact via email [REDACTED] with your resume and your precise location.

NB: We need crew members residing in the United States to avoid loads of stress in joining the sail.

We are having 6 guests on board which is the main reason why we need crew members, which include female hostesses responsible for preparing and serving our guests on the Yacht, laundry steward(ess), head of house keeping, engineer, also a technical know-how coordinator, and some other fields depending on your area of specialties. All expenses will be covered by the Yacht Club ( travel fee to the departure port, and as well returning fee to your precise location after the sail, feeding, and all other costs incurred in joining this sail and a good pay is guaranteed….!

The sailing map is undisclosed due to our guests on board, but will be disclosed to applicants after your resume has been submitted to the above email for review. Thanks for reading!
Old 27-04-2024, 06:23   #2

Re: Certified Crew members wanted

I talked to this guy. It didn't feel legit to me. All he talked about was getting a debit card
for expenses to and from the boat and having to activate it with my social security number. No mention of the boat, make or size. I asked what country the boat was registered in and there was no answer. I asked if I could talk to the captain of the trip and it was talked around, just talked about the debit card.
Old 27-04-2024, 06:43   #3
cruiser

Please be aware you are contacting the wrong person and not our company email, this is a new post and you are expected to submit your resume to the mentioned company email “frazeryacht@proton.me”. Do not tarnish the image of a reputable company looking for crew members, cause we never got an email from you sir!
Old 27-04-2024, 07:00   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore

Hiring hiring pro crew off an amateur-focused website? And what is ‘certified crew’?

No details of vessel, captain, ports?

Hell, if this was POTUS, would still say from and to.

Smells dodgy to me!!

If this is legit, how about a vessel name, roles of desired crew, some mention of compensation….
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Old 27-04-2024, 07:29   #5

Boat: THEN: Indefatigable Bristol Caravel #172; NOW: 42 makes of other people's boats (and counting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snore View Post
Hiring hiring pro crew off an amateur-focused website? And what is ‘certified crew’?

No details of vessel, captain, ports?

Hell, if this was POTUS, would still say from and to.

Smells dodgy to me!!

If this is legit, how about a vessel name, roles of desired crew, some mention of compensation….
what Snore said, and also, what kind of boat, what's on the boat, something about the history of the boat such as where it has sailed (oceans? lakes? the BVI? the Bass Strait?) and yeah, we need to know the route of the passage before applying. Most of us with any kind of experience would demand that before lifting a finger. Good luck.
We ran aground at 2300. Dad fired off flares all night, to no avail. In the morning, Mom called the Coast Guard and demanded to know why they had not responded. "But ma'm," came the abashed reply. "Yesterday was July 4th!"
Old 27-04-2024, 08:33   #6
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Benford 38 Fantail Cruiser

Hope you find "certifiable" crew, there are a few around here
Old 27-04-2024, 08:44   #7

Boat: Scampi

Which company would that be? You didn't say.
Old 27-04-2024, 11:53   #8

Boat: 44' Custom Aluminum Cutter, & Pearson 30

I will sell you the Golden Gate Bridge cheap and you can make money off the tolls.
Old 27-04-2024, 12:01   #9
dlj

Boat: Belliure 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailwithJeffrey View Post
Please be aware you are contacting the wrong person and not our company email, this is a new post and you are expected to submit your resume to the mentioned company email “frazeryacht@proton.me”. Do not tarnish the image of a reputable company looking for crew members, cause we never got an email from you sir!
With all due respect - get your add up to speed and you will have a better chance of finding legitimate crew....

dj
Old 27-04-2024, 13:48   #10

Boat: Volkscruiser

Jeffy my main man this is a strange coincidence. Just the other day my uncle a Nigerian Prince sent me an email to join him on a cruise. I suspect it's your boat he's chartering.
To save time on all your applications l don't think we're going to need a laundry wallah this being a clothing "optional" cruise. You also can't just have female hostesses, my wife is expecting her fair share of eye candy to. We can do away with a chef as well, since I googled the route my uncle sent me and there's lots of restaurant options along the way. If we really get stuck we can always call into an oil rig and while the crew is refuelling grab a bite to eat in their restaurant.
I am not sure why you're being so shy about crew expenses, maybe you don't want millions of applications. My Nigerian uncle has told me his private jet will be available for crew transfers etc.
Anyway looking forward to being onboard shortly. I am just about to email my passport/bank account details to my uncle so he can deposit some spending money into my bank account.
Cheers
Old 27-04-2024, 16:06   #11

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

This thread has been closed.

Thanks to those who reported the first post.

Ann

Tags
crew, member, wanted