Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-05-2017, 07:05   #1

Boat: Custom 1962 steel 41 ft steel yawl
Charleston to key west

I just put my 41 foot steel yawl in the water in Charleston after a haul out. Im usually a solo sailor but would like to have a more relaxing social trip down to key west this time. Looking for someone who doesnt have a time restraint. Im not trying to rush anything looking for nice weather windows. I want to stop in Fernandina beach on the way. I plan on staying in key West. I have a job waiting for me when i get there. If someone is looking to stay down there im glad to help out and let you crash on the boat. Send me a private message with your phone number and we can talk about the boat and other details.
Im looking to leave in about a month or so. Not exact date im just getting the boat ready and then leave when the time is right
Tom
Estrellita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 05:12   #2

Re: Charleston to key west

Hi when are you planning to go and how long are you planning sailing for , Totally new to this but i plan to retire early and do some sailing to see if i like it and then possibly buy my own boat if i do ..Al
insignia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 08:03   #3

Boat: Custom 1962 steel 41 ft steel yawl

Im planning on leaving in a couple months give or take. When ever i head out sailing to a new destination i tell my friends that we dont live in real time anymore. We travel by weather and get there when we get there. Sometimes we stay places longer because of weather or we stay cause we are having a good time. I dont like having a schedule or time restraint.
But i actually just filled the spot. You never know tho. People always like to back out last min.
Estrellita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 13:55   #4

Hello, my name is Mike. I am retired myself and an experienced sailor who lives in Merritt Island, Fl. I own a Colombia 8.7 and am familiar with the keys, coastal waters, Cape Canaveral area, etc. I recently helped to deliver a boat from the Cape Canaveral area, off-shore, via Charleston, Southport (Cape Fear) and then into Beaufort. That trip was about 500 miles, sailing (well motoring a lot due to contrary winds) in 24 and 48 hour increments. I am interested and depending on your departure date may be available. Give me a call if interested at 321-543-8144. Be sure to leave a message as I screen calls.
jmikeb76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
key west