Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-08-2018, 06:24   #1

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint
Chesapeake Bay- Volunteer- weekends/weeks, close by or deliveries far away.

Am relocating to Northern VA and want to get involved with Chesapeake Bay sailing, especially like weekends locally, but have also done off-shore deliveries up and down both coasts (about 7K nm/2+ months in past three years), and would be happy to do more. I have both ASA & RYA certifications (ASA105 & ICC coastal skipper).

But that said, I do still have a day job (as a computer geek) so unfortunately am not a full time sailor and so need a little advance notice. So I would be happy joining a weekend sailing for a skipper who's fair weather friends might find off season sailing a bit too bracing. Or seasonal deliveries, as I've crewed on the Caribbean to Annapolis run and enjoy that spring & fall activity.

Oh, and glad to share with things like food procurement, preparation and clean up, and other boat chores, and also know that sometimes the issue is extra hands to help with off season "heavy lifting" (that lets me learn more about S/V maintenance).

I'm extremely experienced and skilled w/ electronics and electrical, given my 30+ years experience with such, and not too shabby with other boat maintenance chores, not to mention can spin an entertaining story on the night watch, when the wind isn't howling in our ears at least. When the wind is howling, I'm pretty comfortable in storms too.
softgoodsint is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chesapeake bay