Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-06-2017, 11:08   #1

Boat: Freya 39
Chesapeake July/August

I'm looking for an extra hand or two for some low key cruising in the Chesapeake in the latter part of the Summer. Pretty flexible about the specifics, and expect to charter.

I have decades of experience including tens of thousands of blue water miles and solo ocean crossing passages. My principal objective is getting a couple of 11-year-olds sailing, pretty much for their first time.

This might be a good learning opportunity, as I've got a couple of kids to teach anyway. I'd be open to discussing bringing an adult with another kid of roughly the same age for that matter.
Teremoana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 12:47   #2

Re: Chesapeake July/August

Hi,
I live in Maryland. Used to sail all during college and later on on 30' boats but this was a long time ago. I am planning to buy a boat and cruise the coast, Bahamas and beyond in the next few years. I love to get more experience and help out with you on the boat teaching the kids. I have usually two free days a week, Sunday and Thursday.
If this works for you, please PM me so we can discuss the details.
Thanks
AmirB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 13:21   #3

I recently moved to Maryland from San Diego with my girlfriend and we have yet to get on the water. We both are experienced sailors and would really like to go sailing and help out on the boat. Our schedules are pretty flexible, so let me know if you are still looking for crew. Thanks!
orgchm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 04:02   #4

Hello. My sailing experience/expertise is limited, but am willing to help and learn. I live near Annapolis and am available weekends and every other Friday; can be off other days with planning. Let me know if the opportunity is still available. Thanks!
OldTanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 04:04   #5

Hello. My sailing experience/expertise is limited, but am willing to help and learn. I live near Annapolis and am available weekends and every other Friday; can be off other days with planning. Let me know if the opportunity is still available. Thanks!
OldTanker is offline   Reply With Quote