Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2023, 07:34   #1

Boat: Hanse 588
Chesapeake to Bermuda to Florida in December

Greetings fellow sailors, I'm looking for a first mate and two deckhands to assist me in sailing in a Hanse 588 from the Chesapeake Bay to Bermuda for a couple days and then to Florida, departing on or about December 2nd. Prefer those with over 5,000 hours sailing experience, over one week live aboard at sea, including night sailing, and certifications of at least ASA 104 or British RYA Yacht-Master offshore, or equivalent. Pay commensurate with experience. Contact Mike at MPATPCFI@yahoo.com with CV.
VIPJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 11:17   #2

Re: Chesapeake to Bermuda to Florida in December

Interested ... Sent you a DM
fpnewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 20:26   #3

Boat: Douglas 32, duh...32'

Ahoy VIPJets:
Not applying for any crew position, but have a comment about the time of year you've chosen for passage to Bermuda.
Jimmy Cornell, in his book Ocean Passages of the World, states, "a passage to Bermuda in December should only be undertaken by an experienced crew in a well founded boat." Undoubtedly with the experience you're requiring of the captain you hire and the boat you have you'd qualify. I just wanted to show what an knowledgeable sailor thinks.

I've made that passage both in December and in early summer (ie: well before hurricane season) and can vouch for the fact that late fall is NOT the time for the most comfortable passage. May-June-even early July would be much more pleasant.
PS: I would also suggest that Bermuda warrants at least a week to explore, not simply "a couple of days". DO be sure to have a Dark-and-Stormy (a local drink--dark rum and ginger beer).
Enfant Du Vent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2023, 04:52   #4

Boat: Hanse 588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfant Du Vent View Post
Ahoy VIPJets:
Not applying for any crew position, but have a comment about the time of year you've chosen for passage to Bermuda.
Jimmy Cornell, in his book Ocean Passages of the World, states, "a passage to Bermuda in December should only be undertaken by an experienced crew in a well founded boat." Undoubtedly with the experience you're requiring of the captain you hire and the boat you have you'd qualify. I just wanted to show what an knowledgeable sailor thinks.

I've made that passage both in December and in early summer (ie: well before hurricane season) and can vouch for the fact that late fall is NOT the time for the most comfortable passage. May-June-even early July would be much more pleasant.
PS: I would also suggest that Bermuda warrants at least a week to explore, not simply "a couple of days". DO be sure to have a Dark-and-Stormy (a local drink--dark rum and ginger beer).
Thank you for your concern.... we'll take this into consideration ..... been to Bermuda many times, as I would also recommend the Swizzle Inn
VIPJets is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bermuda, florida