Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2019, 13:02   #1

Boat: Bayliner 2655 Cierra
Competent Crew Building Experience

My name is Stephen (Steve) Remmington, and my wife’s name is Roberta Remmington. We recently sold our software business and retired. We are 62 and 57 respectively, but very fit and healthy. If you Google my name you will find a few references and you can view my professional profile on Linkedin. I can provide references upon request. Roberta was a software engineer for over 30 years, and can provide references upon request also.

We have owned motor boats for many years, so we have plenty of boating experience, but have limited sailing experience. However, we recently took an extended IYT sailing course and both achieved our Coastal Yachtmaster certification. We are looking to gain offshore sailing experience to achieve our next level of certification, as well as educating ourselves prior to possibly buying our own boat.

We are Canadian Citizens with current passports, and able to travel to/from any departure/arrival port. We do not smoke, nor are we drug users. However, we drink socially, and enjoy a good party. Roberta is very handy, and I am mechanically competent having always maintained my own boats and vehicles. I have restored two motor boats, a few cars and motorcycles, and I maintain a diesel truck and backhoe we use on our acreage. We are also both competent cooks, and eager to fulfill any crew duties.

We are easy going, and get along with most people. We are looking for some adventure and sailing experience before setting out on our own circumnavigation in our own boat. We are available February 2019 onward, but we do have a commitment June through August 2019.
c-level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 05:39   #2

Boat: BRUCE ROBERT 57'
Re: Competent Crew Building Experience

Hello
I'm Planing a trip from Jacksonville, Fl to North Of Brazil start any day after March when the condition is good if you are interested please let me know
Terry 346-617-0702
smartmanjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:34   #3

Boat: Bayliner 2655 Cierra
Re: Competent Crew Building Experience

Terry,

We are interested, however we have another commitment for June through August 2019. Could you please elaborate on the expected timing of your passage plan. Please also provide details of your experience/qualifications as a skipper.

Thanks,

Steve
c-level is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, enc