Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-06-2023, 06:27   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
Competent USCG Master Available for Deliveries

Greetings!

I am an active contributor to the forum and also a USCG Master who does deliveries.

Qualifications- I am a 100 Ton USCG Master, (former) ASA Instructor and a contributing author to Practical Sailor, having had 7 articles published. As Master, I have delivered boats from ports ranging Curacao to Boston, Panama to Gibraltar and down the Pacific coast. The vessels range from a PSC Flicka to a 64 Jeanneau and cats to 54’. As well as numerous power vessels to 80'. You can also check this the tracking link on my website to verify where I have taken yachts. Or click here to see a google map representation of my tracks https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/ed...5918233281&z=3

About your delivery- Underway, the safety of the crew and vessel are always the #1 priority. We rig jack lines before departing and every night the watch-keeper is required to clip in. Owners are always welcome to crew their deliveries. Once we reach our destination, additional training can be arranged.

For offshore deliveries I carry an Iridium GO and download weather twice a day. We update our rouuting using a combination of Luck Grib and PredictWind Pro. These tools provide the safest and fastest routing possible. These tools allow us to avoid high winds and seas to avoid damage along the way. This investment also allows me to contact you and mechanics if there is a problem. When delivering a new boat, having access to the factory is priceless!

Tracking- All deliveries can be tracked through my Garmin inReach. If you are not aboard, you always know where your vessel is!

Covid- I have had both doses of Moderna, plus boosters, and restrict my deliveries to inoculated customers and crew. The worst thing to happen is to be in the middle of nowhere and have someone with serious symptoms.

Reference is from recent customer- A customer wrote this after we brought his new FP Elba transatlantic, “I inspected the boat and sailed her the end of November. The boat was in good shape and [the charter operator who I met for the first time] had good comments about you and the delivery. Job well done. Thanks”

How to learn more- Please contact me through my profile, a link to my website appears there. Feel free to check my website and some of my posts here to understand a little more about me and to understand how your boat will be treated.
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2023, 08:24   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Competent USCG Master Available for Deliveries

I have openings beginning late October.

Please check my website, or my posts here to read more about me. Feel free to PM or contact me through my website.

Bill
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Old 21-09-2023, 05:11   #3

Where are you located? If near Boston or Annapolis, let’s talk.
amcfadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2023, 07:17   #4
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcfadden View Post
Where are you located? If near Boston or Annapolis, let’s talk.
AMC- not wanting to sound flippant, but my location appears in my profile to the left of my post. I am based in St. Petersburg.

I also responded to your PM. Regardless of the captain's location, it may be less expensive to truck a 32' versus deliver it on the water.

All the best

Tags
mast