Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-05-2018, 09:09   #1

Boat: O'Day 19, Islander 36, Beneteau 45
Couple Taking Sabbatical Seeking Opportunities to Sail in Med (or Other)

My wife and I are about to take a sabbatical and travel the world for a year. We are looking to sailing opportunities throughout, but currently trying to see if we can find one/some in the med for summer of 2018.

We are both in our early 30’s and enjoy a good mix of fun, adventure, and relaxation. I'm more outgoing than my wife, but are both on the reserved side; clean, courteous, and professional. We are low maintenance go-with-the-flow types. I'm enjoy cooking and am relatively handy - both are hardworking and willing to do our part in boat maintenance and upkeep.

We both have moderate sailing experience: ASA 101-114 certs, bareboat chartered in Grenada, SVG, and BVIs. Sail in Lake Michigan (Chicago) during summer on an Islander 36 and Beneteau 45, and do beer can races on J30 as crew. We also crewed on a Beneteau 54 while sailing from Turks to USVI. We've also taken marine diesel and electrical maintenance classes.

We are looking for a fun experienced captain/family/fellow crew who are clean, safe, and enjoy adventure and exploration.

Very flexible on dates, locations, destinations, etc.

Let us know if you are interested in chatting more.
Madimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 01:53   #2

Boat: Easton 40'
Re: Couple Taking Sabbatical Seeking Opportunities to Sail in Med (or Other)

Hey - if "anywhere" also includes Indonesia (far cry from the med! ) Drop me a PM. We are a couple also in our 30s, also on a year long break from work, sailing through Indonesia on our 40' cat, just going slowly, island hopping/diving/snorkelling... Sadly saying goodbye to our present crew couple as of late June, and have availability from then on. Looking for like-minded couple, quiet, self-sufficient types, just interested in reading, diving, island hopping and seeing where we end up, etc...
SVSAVANNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 09:55   #3

Boat: spirit 41 , 12.20

hi there , i am sailing mainly the med , from palma de mallorca , the islands ibiza , menorca , corsica and sardinie , let me know if interested , my boat 41 sloop , henk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madimo View Post
My wife and I are about to take a sabbatical and travel the world for a year. We are looking to sailing opportunities throughout, but currently trying to see if we can find one/some in the med for summer of 2018.

We are both in our early 30’s and enjoy a good mix of fun, adventure, and relaxation. I'm more outgoing than my wife, but are both on the reserved side; clean, courteous, and professional. We are low maintenance go-with-the-flow types. I'm enjoy cooking and am relatively handy - both are hardworking and willing to do our part in boat maintenance and upkeep.

We both have moderate sailing experience: ASA 101-114 certs, bareboat chartered in Grenada, SVG, and BVIs. Sail in Lake Michigan (Chicago) during summer on an Islander 36 and Beneteau 45, and do beer can races on J30 as crew. We also crewed on a Beneteau 54 while sailing from Turks to USVI. We've also taken marine diesel and electrical maintenance classes.

We are looking for a fun experienced captain/family/fellow crew who are clean, safe, and enjoy adventure and exploration.

Very flexible on dates, locations, destinations, etc.

Let us know if you are interested in chatting more.
quike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 06:52   #4

Boat: O'Day 19, Islander 36, Beneteau 45

Thanks for reaching out. Would love to chat more. Want to PM me and can give you my email address there.
Madimo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, cal