Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2021, 22:39   #1

Boat: Beneteau First 29
Crew available for winter 2021

Hello,
I'm a retired family nurse practitioner, experienced sailor/racer, boat owner who is available to crew this winter. I've done long distance races on Lake Michigan, have owned 3 boats, currently a Beneteau "First 29", love all aspects of distance sailing, am a decent cook. Can get along with just about anyone. As we wait to see how this current virus situation goes, let me know if you have a safe boat and need a hand on a trip.
Linda
Sailorgirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 13:13   #2

Boat: 33 ft Morgan oi
Re: Crew available for winter 2021

Hi I am a 67 year-old white male and I'm going to be starting to do the loop shortly looking for someone to join me
Bob
carambo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 13:16   #3

I'm sorry I didn't think to say that I'm starting out in Florida and I have a 33 Ft Morgan out Island
Old 06-12-2021, 18:09   #4

Hi Bob,
Please tell me more about your boat, it's condition, your sailing experience, and where you specifically plan to go. I should know more about "the loop" but I don't, so please give me some details. I'm 74, in good shape, can share some costs, and glad to answer any questions.
Linda
Old 07-12-2021, 05:32   #5

The 33 Ft Morgan out island is very roomy boat, everything was gone through within the last year as and is in excellent working condition.
I've been around boats my entire life had my first boat when I was 9 years old. I've been sailing for about 15 years lived on my previous boat for two years sailed from Tarpon Springs to Marathon Florida several times.
The loop usually starts in Florida and and goes up the East Coast of United States through the Great Lakes down the Ohio River and the Tennessee River to mobile and the gulf back to Florida.
There's plenty to see and do on the loop I plan on just taking a casual trip taking my time you can Google The Great American Loop and get all the information you'd care to know about it.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:48   #6

I can send you my phone number in a private message but you'll have to clear out your private messages first it's full
Old 07-12-2021, 20:45   #7

Emails deleted. Okay, I'll research that. Over what time period do you plan to make the trip? When are you starting? I doubt that I could do the whole trip but it's something to think about. Can you send me some boat pictures? Is there room for each of us to have a separate sleeping space? What expectations do you have of a partner in this venture?
Are you fully vaccinated? And I guess I should ask how you lean politically so that there's no danger of being thrown overboard! Linda
Old 11-12-2021, 17:46   #8

Boat: Sabre 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorgirl86 View Post
Emails deleted. Okay, I'll research that. Over what time period do you plan to make the trip? When are you starting? I doubt that I could do the whole trip but it's something to think about. Can you send me some boat pictures? Is there room for each of us to have a separate sleeping space? What expectations do you have of a partner in this venture?
Are you fully vaccinated? And I guess I should ask how you lean politically so that there's no danger of being thrown overboard! Linda
Practical lady...

Tags
crew, crew available