Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2023, 19:59   #1

Boat: Sail Club member sailing Other Peoples Boats. Catalina 27/Hunter 28.5
Crew Available in Florida in July

If this fits your plans please feel free to reach out. I'll be in Florida this July, roughly 7/8- 7/15 doing a scuba adventure with my Tampa FLA located brother. I can adjust my schedule before or extend after for the opportunity to crew.

I'm an ASA 101/103 soon to be 105 qualified sailor- so a novice. I crew on an instructors Jeaneau 37 that wins regularly and day sail on another instructors Island Packet 32, so I've had a chance to learn beyond the school instruction. I also hold a club membership with the school that allows me unlimited bay sailing on several boats and have developed a good roster of sailors to get out with regularly. Our sails are directed to skill and drill practices, with rotating skipper responsibility to advance our understanding.

As back round- I fished commercially in Alaska, Bearing Straights and the Aleutians on factory trawlers for a couple years as a younger man and have been messing around on boats, power and dingys since I was just a kid. I've never been seasick and it would have happened by now. Some big seas up north.

This plan is a vacation I'd like to round off with some sailing. Offshore if that's a possibility, delivery if that's an option or just a day sail/ short cruise if that's offered.

I'm healthy, fit, handy, reliable and can cover all my own expenses. Looking to locate a trustworthy skipper and vessel that could use a dependable crew member.

I'm open to all FLA locations. TIA.
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 06:08   #2

Boat: morgan,catalina 51 ft centre cockpit
Re: Crew Available in Florida in July

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
If this fits your plans please feel free to reach out. I'll be in Florida this July, roughly 7/8- 7/15 doing a scuba adventure with my Tampa FLA located brother. I can adjust my schedule before or extend after for the opportunity to crew.

I'm an ASA 101/103 soon to be 105 qualified sailor- so a novice. I crew on an instructors Jeaneau 37 that wins regularly and day sail on another instructors Island Packet 32, so I've had a chance to learn beyond the school instruction. I also hold a club membership with the school that allows me unlimited bay sailing on several boats and have developed a good roster of sailors to get out with regularly. Our sails are directed to skill and drill practices, with rotating skipper responsibility to advance our understanding.

As back round- I fished commercially in Alaska, Bearing Straights and the Aleutians on factory trawlers for a couple years as a younger man and have been messing around on boats, power and dingys since I was just a kid. I've never been seasick and it would have happened by now. Some big seas up north.

This plan is a vacation I'd like to round off with some sailing. Offshore if that's a possibility, delivery if that's an option or just a day sail/ short cruise if that's offered.

I'm healthy, fit, handy, reliable and can cover all my own expenses. Looking to locate a trustworthy skipper and vessel that could use a dependable crew member.

I'm open to all FLA locations. TIA.
hello,,,,I am looking for a Capt to deliver 3 sailing vessels from Bahamas to ftl Florida 954-218-4876 Julian
girlfreind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 06:10   #3

Boat: morgan,catalina 51 ft centre cockpit

Julian 954-218-4876 need Capt to deliver 3 sailboats from Bahamas to Fort Lauderdale Florida asap thank you
girlfreind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 08:57   #4

Boat: Sail Club member sailing Other Peoples Boats. Catalina 27/Hunter 28.5

Girlfriend,

PM sent.
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crew available, florida