Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 10:42   #1

Boat: Catalina 270LE, 27'
Post Crew available: somewhat experienced 47m

Long term: I am open to planning 2-4 month legs annually, open to many start and end destinations. if you are planning a journey and need an extra hand, DM me and maybe I can arrange to be free.

Short term (2024): I have October-end of November open, looking to sail and end up close to Columbo, Sri Lanka. For example, Bangkok, Thailand, or Cairo, Egypt would be close enough, though Sri Lanka or India would be ideal.

I would be flying to join from California, and also open to starting in California or nearby.

My experience: I've owned smaller 25'-28' sailing vessels and currently live on my 27' Catalina, though I haven't taken her out in years d/t living aboard. I sailed from Thailand to Egypt in 2007 with two different yachts 36'-38', the first we were two handed, the second we were three. I'm no expert, but I know the basics and do alright. Held solo watch, hours of darkness, round the clock shifts of 4 hours for a month, I don't sleep on my watch.

Former chef, firefighter, EMT, current Registered Nurse (travel nurse) and PADI Rescue Diver. I enjoy the company of others and am told I am interesting and fun to be around. I am very safety conscious. I drink alcohol but no interest in doing so while operating a vessel or being on a vessel operated by others under the influence. Drinks at anchor or in port is fine.
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crew available, enc