Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-12-2020, 03:53   #1

Boat: Piver Loadstar 35 ft
Send a message via Skype™ to chubasco
crew member for Florida keys and beyond

Greetings Romantics and travelers of all kinds. I just purchased a Watkins 25 foot. Seems to be in pretty good shape. I'm looking for an experienced crew member , maybe two but it might be tight. My goal is to get some more experience. The idea would be to sail the keys on both coasts and then if feeling confident head off to Cuba or the Bahamas. I will take care of the boat expenses and you would chip in on groceries. The boat is trailerable and there's other options and places to go. I have an RV as a support vehicle and I just want to go on some Adventures. Let me know if you're ready for some sunny Florida weather. Blessings on your travels and your dreams
chubasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2020, 07:51   #2

Re: crew member for Florida keys and beyond

Hi
I am interested. Let’s chat
Ideutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2020, 18:26   #3

Boat: Piver Loadstar 35 ft
Send a message via Skype™ to chubasco

pm your phone number in
chubasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:55   #4

Hey
wow sounds like an epic adventure would love to join in, lend a hand and learn. I'm a 26yo male who has been traveling backpacking across the USA and Mexico for the past couple years completing both the PCT and AT. While in Mexico I got the chance to do some sailing Pacific side and thru the Sea of Cortez. Only ~500nm in experience but loved it and looking to spend more time sailing. Flexible, go with the flow and roll with the punches traveler quick learner decent cook non smoker and can contribute to necessary costs. Also could possibly help in boat prep in FL (general labor extra hand ect). Let me know if there is still an open crew position! And feel free to contact me Email dylancanham2194@gmail.com
Thanks,
Dylan
Solar Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 04:35   #5

hi chubasco - I know you said you are looking for experienced crew, but in case you don't find what you're looking for or are willing to take on one more on a trial basis, I'm throwing my hat in!

I'm new to sailing but eager to learn (growing up in Michigan, I have spent plenty of time on the water, but never learned to sail myself). I'm energetic, early riser, don't get seasick, nonsmoker, no drugs, and drink only one beer or glass of wine once in a while. I lift weights and do strength and endurance yoga (I just finished a 30 day Bikram challenge!), meditation, and I'm actually a certified yoga teacher. Great cook and I love to do it. I've traveled all over the world, and travel VERY light. I'm friendly, and like to do tasks and do them well, and very handy after spending 11+ years renovating houses with my own two hands in Detroit. Lots of experience working on teams and living closely with others, very mature, very flexible. I can contribute to shared costs at a modest rate if needed. Looking for experience, adventure, warm weather, beaches, and to learn and contribute! vbaedling at gmail com

P.S. available and in Florida in February - ready to go!
voltarine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, florida, florida keys, member