Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2020, 11:00   #1
TKB

Crew needed ASAP

Need someone to help get my 35 Ericson sailboat from Hatteras NC to Ft Pierce Florida, will pay for the help
Thanks
Todd
Text or WhatsApp me if interested at 242-727-6561
TKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2020, 15:16   #2

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint
Re: Crew needed ASAP

Hi Todd, I'm surprised you didn't get at least a few replies by this point, I'm guessing you found some crew or otherwise struck off in any case. There is a bit more detail that one might be curious to know, such as whether the plan is ICW motoring or what %, if any, you have sailing in mind, or like when you say ASAP, is that like a couple of days? (in which case, you're on your way now).

It seems it would be ambitious to get this trip done in anything under a full week, but more experience folks than I might comment, as I've not done the "ditch". I understand it's a not sensible to be running ICW after dark, so one has to plan their stops, as well as fueling stops, of course. But there's a number who advise that sailing that stretch on the outside is ill-advised this time of year. My own availability would be immediately following Christmas, but I might not have the number of days the trip might take, as I think I'd need to be wrapping up that next weekend. Let me know if that's of any help.
Cheers
softgoodsint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2020, 15:55   #3
TKB

Thanks
We slipped the boat in Hatteras until after New Years , that way I have a better chance at finding someone to go with the mechanic/co-Capt the rest of the trip, depending on weather, it could be outside or up the ICW, I would leave that up to the crew. The trip would be from Hatteras NC to Ft Pierce Florida
TKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2020, 05:58   #4
Marine Service Provider

Todd I responded to you immediately after your post--twice--which is the civil and decent way to use Cruisers Forum. Perhaps others did as well. I never heard back and here it is over a week later that you are posting that that your request is no longer even valid--and it said "ASAP"! I think you and everyone else here would find it much more efficient and valuable if you were to inform the forum immediately by a follow up post that your plans have changed. And what do you expect from a "co Capt"?
Paul Annapolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2020, 06:52   #5

Todd,
if you are still in need of crew after newyears pm me.
my wife and I might be interested. more so if you pay for the rental car to

get us back to NC. we live in NC and have a boat in Oriental..
lets talk? if you need crew
-dkenny64
dkenny64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asa, crew