Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2021, 11:13   #1

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
pirate Crew Wanted for Beneteau 50 transiting Panama Canal for San Diego Nov 1.

(The Passage) This delivery will begin in Shelter Bay Marina, Panama, beginning with a transit through the Panama Canal and then approximately 3,000 nautical miles of most likely coastal motor-sailing. I always hope to sail as much as possible however this is a delivery and realistically we will be using the motor substantially to expedite the passage. This trip could take as long as 30-40 days. We will stop as needed for fuel and to avoid any inclement weather when possible. Bring your favorite lures as the fishing and whale watching should be excellent.

(The Boat) Is a 2008 Beneteau 50 which recently received a $100K+ refit just in the last year including solar, lithium batteries, new standing and running rigging, all new BandG electronics with autopilot and more. Just after the refit she was sailed from Florida to the Virgin Islands and then sailed by myself 1,000 miles non-stop from USVI to Panama July this year. A recent survey is available. She is equipped with all the standard offshore safety equipment such as Epirb, flares, life jackets, new 8-man life raft, sat phone, offshore tracking, and more.

(The Captain) Is a USCG Licensed 100 Ton Master that has completed a solo circumnavigation on a 30ft sloop and has since completed over 50,000 nm of offshore deliveries and sailing instruction. I also expect my partner, an experienced sailor and circumnavigator with over 50,000 nm of offshore experience herself will likely be onboard as well as another 100T licensed Captain with plenty of offshore experience. That leaves one more cabin for you, but I might consider a couple. A link to my sailing resume, references, and contact info is available on the ‘about me’ section of my profile here.

(The Arrangement) This is a delivery and I am seeking volunteer crew. There will likely be four of us on board in total. On-board food/provisioning and passage-related expenses, fuel, marina fees, etc, will be provided by the owner and airfare may be available for those with a substantial amount of sailing experience. Going out to eat like food and drinks at marina restaurants, or any entertainment is on you. This is not a paid position nor would you have to pay us anything. Flights would be in to Panama City Panama (PTY) and then later out of San Diego California upon completion. All crew are expected to help with all aspects of the passage including pre-passage preparation and post passage clean up. We are alcohol free underway and you should expect to help keep an active watch as required , usually on a rotational basis both day and night, helping with navigating, collision avoidance, weather analyses, sail-handling, cooking, cleaning, repairs etc. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to gain sea-miles and especially for individuals looking to gain offshore experience, confidence, and mile-building with the supervision and instruction of a well-qualified captain and mate underway. What you don’t know you will be taught.

(Requirements for the crew) Feel free to drop a note/reply here but be sure to send me a private message or email including your phone number and any other contact info. Let me know why you would like to take this trip and if you have you been fully vaccinated. Let me know up front if you require help with travel expenses. Tell me about your sailing experience or attach a CV. Please mention any other experience or skills that you might possess that could be useful at sea (engineers, medical professionals, mechanics, cooks etc,). I tend to give preference to fully vaccinated people with at least some offshore experience who know they do not get seasick. You should be available to arrive in Panama prior to our canal transit on November 1 and have an open schedule for the following 45 days.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ACtual pic of wicked good.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	244712  
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 06:49   #2

Re: Crew Wanted for Beneteau 50 transiting Panama Canal for San Diego Nov 1.

Ahoy Kirkalittle, Is your crew for this delivery voyage set yet? I have done some sailing, from Avila Bay in San Luis Obispo, Ca. To Ensenada, and back. I can cook in any situation, sideways or otherwise. I’m an avid reader, photographer, and athlete. Saw your post and thought I’d check in and feel the water. Thanks, Tracy
JustTracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 10:29   #3

Boat: SeaRunner 37, 11.3 metres

An exceptional posting! All details up front and clearly laid out.
Old 16-09-2021, 12:45   #4

Boat: 84 Catalina 25

Such a great potential opportunity for someone to come crew and get some experience. I am purposefully working toward arranging my schedule to allow for this very kind of opportunity.

Wish you the best!
tleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2021, 02:17   #5

Boat: boatless

Hello Kirkalittle,
Great details in your post. Sounds like an excellent opportunity for someone.
I sent you an email on the off chance you haven't filled your spot.
NJD
Old 09-10-2021, 16:54   #6

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.

UPDATE: All crew positions have been filled at this time. Thank you everyone for the response.
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2021, 17:40   #7

Beware the diesel at Cabo.
Simplicity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beneteau, canal, crew, crew wanted, Panama, Panama Canal, san diego, wanted