Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-04-2022, 15:19   #1

Boat: 1985 Ericsson 30+
cruise out of La Paz, Baja. May 5th-20th

Hey there,
just seeing if there is anyone cool looking to join me on a leisurely cruise in the sea of cortez aka gulf of california on s/v Hellebore. boat is a very well found 1985 ericsson 30+ sloop (beautifully restored and refit last year), i cruised it down from san francisco last fall and winter, the boat is well equipped and comfortable. autopilot, windvane, roller furler, windlass, reliable dingy with outboard, fishing gear, snorkling gear, musical instruments, refrigeration. gps enable vhf and navigating with an ipad/navionics. currently she is in a slip in a marina in la paz, but i need to leave her on the hard somewhere. i figure a short but sweet cruise before hurricane season and leave her until november brings me back down for more fun.
i'm a 49 year old man, competent sailor, easy to get along with. i like to have fun swimming, snorkeling, spearing, and fishing, hiking and exploring on land whenever possible. i'm a good cook, and i like to eat good food. i'm good at fixing stuff, so i'm always working on some project on the boat. i like to drink and sometimes party a bit when we are in port but its a dry boat underway. i keep my boat very orderly, i'm a little OCD about that.
i can single-hand this boat, but it's easier to have a good hardworking crew aboard to share cooking and cleaning and watches. you don't need experience, i can teach you to sail and basic coastal navigation, but you need to have your **** together and be a generally capable human with good communication skills and a non-smoker. you will share in provisioning the boat, fuel costs, and will commit to helping me with whatever needs doing on the boat as your skills allow. i plan to haul the boat out somewhere, and i need a hand prepping the bottom for new paint (a day or 2 of crappy sanding in awkward positions under the boat).
i have lots of pics of the boat to share with interested parties. i'm thinking someone already down there, maybe a backpacker or a surfer or sailing bum. meet up in la paz for a beer and we can see what's what. i just bought my plane ticket, i'll be on the boat May 4th. May the fourth be with you.

PM me.

Walt
kaliphornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2022, 11:14   #2

Re: cruise out of La Paz, Baja. May 5th-20th

Hi Walt,
My name is Serge from Switzerland 57 years old. I live in Tahoe. I am a former ski and windsurf pro.
Lived in the Bay until 1999 sailed and windsurfed there.
I have a powerboat cuddy cabin 29' and hang out on Tahoe's East Shore in the Summer.
Like you I own a company and have lots of flexibility. For the last 8-9 years I have been hanging out in the Fall and Spring in La Paz and Loreto.
I do not own a boat down there but have been sailing a 38' single haul and a 49' catamaran with friends. My friend Brian sold his catamaran and my friend Jeff is getting a little bit old, he lives on his boat at the Palmira Marina in La Paz, we still do some days trips.
This Spring I will not be going to Baja as I have a MRI next week to hopefully deal with my back.
I would like to meet you some time and maybe I could join you in the Fall. I occasionally go back to the Bay to visit friends
or next time you come to Tahoe I will take you on the lake and we can enjoy Tahoe and have a beer. Enjoy you upcoming trip!

My info;
alpinebutler@yahoo.com
530 305 3193
sergerigo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baja, cruise, la paz