Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-10-2016, 14:41   #1

Boat: Endeavor 43' ketch
Cruising around the World

Rockne Ragsdale wants 2 crew for Our Joy, Endeavour Ketch, 13m. From Houston, United States to Not determined, United States.December 2016 to January 2025."Our Joy" This is a re-post. We have had a Crew member cancel and are looking to fill the space So if you thought it was too late then it is not -We must hear from your before the first of November and you must be able to report to boat no later then November 28th and commit to at lease 90 days Thanks ..DEWO ----- RE-POST ---- We are retired Couple ready to see the world from the sea. We are Looking for sailing mates for extended cruise starting this December. We are retired couple and have spent our retirement saving on a 43' Endeavor Blue-water sailboat. Her Name is "Our Joy" We will be cruising at the beginning of the Caribbean sailing season this December. We will spend the North America's winter in the north Caribbean moving south during the hurricane season 2017. We will cross to the pacific some time late 2017 or early 2018 as we proceed around the world. We will let prevailing winds and currents drive our movements. We are looking for Couples and Singles to join us for some or all the cruise. "Our Joy" sleeps eight so don't be shy. Join us. We will also Video document (via the internet) the cruise, so if you are wanted by Interpol are the FBI this may not be for you(smile). So if you are looking for Fun, Excitement, willing to share cost, duties and really never thought you could see the world because you, like us, didn't save the required million dollars 401k to retire to your beach house and travel the world. Join our little cooperative and let do it together. Rockne is currently based in dallas, United States Smoking on board: non-smokers only Total people on board:
6 Crew roles: Crew will be required to do all task, Cooking, Helm man, Watch, including just helping out.
Money: expenses shared equally
Travel to and from boat: crew pays Rockne is currently based in dallas, United States
Smoking on board: non-smokers only
Total people on board: 6
Crew roles: See "About Voyage"
Money: expenses shared equally
Travel to and from boat: crew pays
Dewo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 20:29   #2

Re: Cruising around the World

Hi,
I know I'm a little late getting to respond, but that is exactly what I want to do. I haven't been able to save up any money for a trip yet, but maybe we could stay in touch and I can meet you in port somewhere. I was wondering what is considered a sufficient amount of savings to be able to contribute to the trip. Also, I have tons of experience in the bar and service industry, so if we were in port for a bit, I'm usually very in tune to finding work locally. I'm competent in sailing and just spent my first season on a catalina 25 learning the waters surrounding Charleston. I was previously a firefighter in Savannah, and a soldier before that. I'm anxious to get on an undertaking like the one you have described. Looking forward to your thoughts.
Cordially,
Mike "Moose" Martin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1477625237112.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	134086   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1477625222466.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	134087  

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1477625197112.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	134088   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1477625183335.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	134089  

MooseMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 22:31   #3

Boat: Endeavor 43' ketch

Moose, How are you doing. We are asking that persons contribute to expense of operating the boat only which can be as much as $500 to $700 a mo.
Keep in touch and track us on Sailing "Our Joy" click on our tracker page. Let us know when you are ready and we will see if we have availability. Currently we have had a great response and at full capacity.

Talk soon / Keep in touch
Rockne
Dewo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 04:50   #4

hello and good evening
my name is eyal, 28 yold .
all my childhood i was sailing in a youth sailing assosiation. that is where i learned to sail.
i asked the my home goverment to be a part of a special volunteering program, in the program i volunteered 1 year as a sailing instructor for disabled people from all types and ranges.that was the year when i started to break free inside and develope my inner self, being on the water each day, with all kinds of disabled people. this year is also when i really really learned to sail, because the responsibility was high i got propper guidence.
im a rescue diver and medic. love cooking and fishing, i play the hangdrum and do art, i have very good skilled working hands for all types of repair jobs. im very comunicative and social.
i have no timeframe. no preffered destination, only seek to enjoy the adventure and the people with me. would love to join you and recive a reply back
cheers and happy waters
Please cotact me by email
eyalkon88@gmail.com
Eyalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 23:46   #5

Hi.
I am from turkey .my name is kaan .i am so interested travel in ocians .i tried to learn sailing so I took some courses and amateur seaman certificate but I don’t have real sailing experience afterwards I learned well I wana buy my own sailboat.I stoped work and I will travel 3 years or more around world before I visit around 70 countries my fb profile is https://www.facebook.com/kaan0zpay/photos_albums and email kaanozpay@gmail.com skype and line is also : kaanozpay…
I am totally free and traveling on land and I am these days south asia in thailand , soon I will pass newzeland possible anotherwheres so need cominicate.
I can help as crew for anything I have lot of skills cook repair electronics sports so I hope somebody accept me on their sailboat.
xaresx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 21:26   #6

Hello

Are you still needing crew for your trip? My wife and I may be interested . We are mid 30s years of age. I'm a kitesurfing instructor and my wife is a yoga teacher we currently living in St Pete florida. Are we too late to join as crew?
SailorD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 00:07   #7

Hello,

We are a couple looking to join a crew in the Caribbean in March-April 2017. I have RYA Day Skipper's ticket, 4,000 miles experience.
Is that time period any good to you?
Hope to hear from you.
James
AussieJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 04:57   #8

Boat: Hunter Cherubini 38

I would love to talk to you further about your opportunity. I am extremely handy, trained in emergency response, owned a restaurant and have spent a majority of my like on the water. I currently hold a 50 Ton license. I look forward to talking with more and hopefully getting to meet in person sometime. Thank you and best of luck.
Khubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 18:45   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to valpro

Have a plan B ready if you decide to join this boat. Contact me at valinchina at hotmail dot com for more details.
valpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 19:15   #10

Boat: Legend 37.5, 1968 Alcort Sunfish, Avon 310

Let me guess. He snores. You got a gripe post it.
Tetepare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 19:30   #11

Send a message via Skype™ to valpro

Sorry, but I (and three other people) have wasted a lot of time and money volunteering to crew on this boat. If you are seriously considering joining up and want to know about our experience, email me. Otherwise save your sarcasm.
valpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, round the world