Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 12:22   #1

Exclamation DANISH ADVENTURE

My misfortune in fracturing my hip may be your opportunity. I am forced to withdraw from my long-planned circumnavigation of Zealand in the Western Baltic and the largest of Denmark’s islands where Copenhagen is located. I have booked myself a place on a Salona 44-4 cabin sloop with 3 other sailors to go on this journey. I am, or was, doing this as part of a unique group called the LaTrappe Creek Society which is 51 years old this year (see book about them on Amazon: The La Trappe Creek Chronicles). Every year the society plans a trip with chartered bareboats for some unusual place. Past years have included Thailand, Cuba, Polynesia, Scotland, etc. This year there will be 8 boats with 4 people on each leaving from Rostock, Germany (formally part of East Germany) on September 14th, crossing the Baltic Strait and heading north up the western coast of Zealand and then coming down the east coast to Copenhagen and returning to Rostock on September 28th. No night sailing and relatively short fetches between Danish ports off the beaten path with a licensed, but not professional captain on every boat.

If you are interested or think you know someone who might be, please get in touch with me, also if you have any questions about any of this or would like to see the itinerary. It should be great fun.

The cost for my place on the boat is $2,000. You will have to fly to Berlin and then take a train to Rostock. We will eat ashore for dinner most nights and provision the boat with food for the other meals and liquor in port before we leave, the cost of which is then split amongst the four shipmates. Clean linens and towels are included. All and all, it is a very reasonably priced undertaking arranged by and for seasoned amateurs who love to sail and explore new (to them) locales.
Hamlet2024 is offline   Reply With Quote