Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2021, 17:12   #1

Day sailing

I’m looking for someone in north west Indiana that either knows how to sail or wants to learn how to sail with me. I have a melges c scow that I want to sail on cedar lake in cedar lake Indiana. This is a racing sailboat 20’ long. Not a boat for 1 man sailing and probably a lot of fun.
Vagabond131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2021, 10:05   #2

Re: Day sailing

I don't live in NW Indiana, but I have family in the area (Munster and Schererville), and it's a suitable drive for me from Peoria, IL. I don't have much experience, but I've taken the US Sailing Basic Keelboat certification and would be comfortable in boats up to at least 32'.

My end goal is to be a full-time cruiser, so I am looking for an opportunity to build time on the water and experience not just the fun part of sailing, but learn to deal with onboard maintenance, issues underway as well. I'm also not afraid to sail in less than ideal weather.

About me: I'm a 42 year-old male. I grew up in the Chicago suburbs and have lived in Peoria for the past 15 years. I am a Veteran and was a diesel mechanic in the service for the better part of my career. Now I work at Caterpillar doing boring computer work.

Would love to talk more and put some miles under the keel if you're interested.Cheers!

Rob
robertjfaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
day sailing, sail, sailing