Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2021, 16:13   #31
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Delivery Skipper...

Quote:
Originally Posted by john manning View Post
Now this is the origin of some of the vaccine misinformation. The false claim is that the vaccine contains a nanochip not a microchip. But this misunderstanding comes from the adjuvant used to stabilise the mRNA component of the vaccine which is a nano-particle solution. No relationship with 'chips'. Described another way its a lipid/salt emulsion forming very small spheres within which the mRNA can survive a longer time.

I do not have any relatives in either Pfizer or Oxford Uni but I did begin my career working as a biochemist in a vaccine company.

But to return to the less serious discussion about vaccinating delivery skippers, the Astra Zeneca product is priced to match its quality. British junk. Buy Pfizer, it might be expensive but then nano-chips cost a lot of money.
Says the man banking on y'all to boost his share portfolio and pension pot..

You can't oppress a people for over 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."
Self defence is not an excuse for murder.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2021, 03:16   #32

Boat: Westerly Oceanlord 12.3m
Re: Delivery Skipper...

Quote:
Now this is the origin of some of the vaccine misinformation. The false claim is that the vaccine contains a nanochip not a microchip. But this misunderstanding comes from the adjuvant used to stabilise the mRNA component of the vaccine which is a nano-particle solution. No relationship with 'chips'. Described another way its a lipid/salt emulsion forming very small spheres within which the mRNA can survive a longer time.

I do not have any relatives in either Pfizer or Oxford Uni but I did begin my career working as a biochemist in a vaccine company.

But to return to the less serious discussion about vaccinating delivery skippers, the Astra Zeneca product is priced to match its quality. British junk. Buy Pfizer, it might be expensive but then nano-chips cost a lot of money.
Mr Manning,
Your dismissive description of the AstraZeneca vaccine as ‘British junk’ is not supported by its efficacy in combatting the virus.
If, as you claim to be, you really are a biochemist I am surprised at your flippant and unsubstantiated remark.
geoff3nebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2021, 03:30   #33
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff3nebel View Post
Mr Manning,
Your dismissive description of the AstraZeneca vaccine as ‘British junk’ is not supported by its efficacy in combatting the virus.
If, as you claim to be, you really are a biochemist I am surprised at your flippant and unsubstantiated remark.
Its the Internet.. its full of claims about one thing or the other.. Truth is another matter..

You can't oppress a people for over 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
Old 24-08-2021, 18:18   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff3nebel View Post
Mr Manning,
I must be bored to be responding to your comment. My excuse is that I am in lockdown (New Zealand) despite being vaccinated (Pfizer). But if you want to be pedantic I will refer you to the Eudra Vigilence section of the website www.ema.europa.eu.

This is Europe's official medicines agency website, not an alternative news source. The Eudra Vigilence section reports all recorded adverse reactions to medicines used in Europe. Astra Zeneca vaccine has a far greater number of adverse reactions than the Pfizer vaccine according to this source.

As someone who has managed a virus vaccine manufacturing operation I know that there is much more to a vaccine than the efficacy advertised by the manufacturer.

However more importantly when I make a flippant comment on this website, do not take it seriously. It's only an opinion of one man which doesn't have to affect anyone else. That is how seriously I take my own comments.
john manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2021, 19:22   #35
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Something for the 'sceptics' to chew on..

Quote..
In the new study, experts from the Universities of Glasgow and Birmingham examined the immune responses of 600 such patients after receiving two Covid jabs. Forty per cent were found to have a "low or undetectable" antibody response.

Scientists stressed that this did not mean they had no protection against infection, as it is not known what level is required. But they said it would be "very sensible" for such patients should be offered booster jabs while further research is carried out.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp

Old 24-08-2021, 19:27   #36
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post

Quote..
In the new study, experts from the Universities of Glasgow and Birmingham examined the immune responses of 600 such patients after receiving two Covid jabs. Forty per cent were found to have a "low or undetectable" antibody response.

Scientists stressed that this did not mean they had no protection against infection, as it is not known what level is required. But they said it would be "very sensible" for such patients should be offered booster jabs while further research is carried out.

Well yeah, the 5G was down the day they did the study...
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2021, 19:39   #37

Boat: Yamaha 33

Just got my third jab yesterday (Moderna) and still feel like sh*t. But this thread has lifted my spirits. My home county is second highest the state at just over 50% vaccinated. Sigh, ya can't fix stupid.

Back on topic, if I needed a delivery I would certainly consider Mr. Boaty. I appreciate the sense of humor.
MerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2021, 21:54   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post

Quote..

It is nice to know there are people in the world at least as cynical as I am.

Interesting reference but the figures relate to immune compromised people so do not tell us much about vaccine induced immunity for the general population.

Now we are well off topic I will add this:

The problems associated with mRNA based vaccines are not yet understood because this is the first time they have been used in human medicine. But they are very temperature sensitive vaccines and I know from experience with other products that efficacy can depend upon how long the vaccine has been unfrozen before inoculation. I have seen other vaccines drop from 80% plus probability of immunity to less than 50% in a matter of hours because they were temperature sensitive. Add to that the nano-particle adjuvant issue which will fall apart if it goes through uncontrolled freeze thaw cycles and its easy to see that vaccine transport and handling could easily affect both the Astra Zeneca and Pfizer vaccines.

One of the sensible things we could do but one that would be considered politically incorrect is to get a dose of the Chinese vaccine as a booster. They are using an older technology which is an 'inactivated whole virus' vaccine.

Another opinion which should be ignored if its offends.
john manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2021, 23:31   #39

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

If you're doing AI (artificial insemination) in cattle, you have to keep the bull product (sperm) a certain temperature, also, or they don't do the job.

Go, Boatie, get a job!
Old 25-08-2021, 00:00   #40
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Delivery Skipper...

Quote:

Interesting reference but the figures relate to immune compromised people so do not tell us much about vaccine induced immunity for the general population.

The problems associated with mRNA based vaccines are not yet understood because this is the first time they have been used in human medicine. But they are very temperature sensitive vaccines and I know from experience with other products that efficacy can depend upon how long the vaccine has been unfrozen before inoculation. I have seen other vaccines drop from 80% plus probability of immunity to less than 50% in a matter of hours because they were temperature sensitive. Add to that the nano-particle adjuvant issue which will fall apart if it goes through uncontrolled freeze thaw cycles and its easy to see that vaccine transport and handling could easily affect both the Astra Zeneca and Pfizer vaccines.

One of the sensible things we could do but one that would be considered politically incorrect is to get a dose of the Chinese vaccine as a booster. They are using an older technology which is an 'inactivated whole virus' vaccine.

The French vaccine is also inert virtue , traditional tech. Valneva has one of the largest vaccine production capacities in the world also so will make it available in large quantities. It’s expected to be approved soon.
Old 25-08-2021, 03:04   #41
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
The French vaccine is also inert virtue , traditional tech. Valneva has one of the largest vaccine production capacities in the world also so will make it available in large quantities. It’s expected to be approved soon.
The French are having another go..???

Old 25-08-2021, 03:36   #42
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
If you're doing AI (artificial insemination) in cattle, you have to keep the bull product (sperm) a certain temperature, also, or they don't do the job.

Go, Boatie, get a job!
At the moment it's more a case of "Go enquirers.. Buy those boats.."

Old 18-09-2021, 23:47   #43
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:

Actually the 'Thaw Factor' really only affects the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines which need to be kept at - 70c till use to be safe..
Pfizer can only be kept in a refridgerator for 5 days and Moderna for 30 days.
AstraZeneca however can be stored and transported at basic refrigeration levels..

WHO Chief Scientist Dr. Soumya Swaminathan said that the vaccine can be stored and is stable in temperatures of 2 to 8 degrees Celsius. In comparison, Pfizer's vaccine needs to be stored at about minus 75 degrees Celsius.

Tags
delivery, skipper