Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2018, 04:11   #1

Boat: Koopmans 42 - Netherlands
Delivery Skipper required for Ecuador to Miami - on short notice

Due to unexpected cancellation of scheduled delivery skipper for personal reason on his side, looking for new delivery skipper. 42ft aluminium Koopmans 42, Ecuador, Puerto Amistad to Palm Beach area in USA. Skipper must have panama canal experience. Owner not on board during trip due to work commitments. Expect paid delivery skipper plus one non-paid additional crew member, to be selected by skipper. Travel + expenses covered.

Mundinho must exit Ecuador prior May 17th. Therefore short notice. Owner (me) currently on board to prepare boat.

Contact me on peterasierdsma@live.com.

Details vessel; https://www.sailblogs.com/member/mundinho/253978
Mundinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 14:50   #2

Re: Delivery Skipper required for Ecuador to Miami - on short notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundinho View Post
Due to unexpected cancellation of scheduled delivery skipper for personal reason on his side, looking for new delivery skipper. 42ft aluminium Koopmans 42, Ecuador, Puerto Amistad to Palm Beach area in USA. Skipper must have panama canal experience. Owner not on board during trip due to work commitments. Expect paid delivery skipper plus one non-paid additional crew member, to be selected by skipper. Travel + expenses covered.

Mundinho must exit Ecuador prior May 17th. Therefore short notice. Owner (me) currently on board to prepare boat.

Contact me on peterasierdsma@live.com.

Details vessel; https://www.sailblogs.com/member/mundinho/253978
No disrespect meant but I have never seen a paid delivery capt have a mate that works for free.
willpower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 15:29   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Seaton 60' Ketch

Agreed, for this trip I'd expect paid captain, paid crew. If the owner can supply qualified crew acceptable to the captain fine. I know lots of people do this for free but you tend to get what you pay for.
Scott Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 16:27   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to CharlesFCook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundinho View Post
Expect paid delivery skipper plus one non-paid additional crew member, to be selected by skipper.
When you only have 2 people it makes for really long days. A 6hr day watch and a 6hr night watch. 3 crew is my minimum. 4 crew is my preference. When you have 4 crew you are looking at a 3hr day watch and 2hr night watches. Super easy. With 3 crew you have a 4hr day watch and 3hr night watches. Just easy.

I like Super Easy better.
CharlesFCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:31   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by willpower1 View Post
No disrespect meant but I have never seen a paid delivery capt have a mate that works for free.
I worked for free from Peru to Key West thru the Canal. For a paid Skipper. Wasn't a problem.
Bruce Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delivery, Ecuador, miami, skipper