Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-10-2022, 11:28   #1

Boat: Gulfstar 44
Experienced Crew Wanted

Port Aransas Texas to Florida Keys early December 2022. 1980 Gulfstar 44 CC. My husband and I are ASA certified but have not done a crossing so looking for 2 volunteers who can sail to take shifts. If you love crossings and dogs haha send me a message.
MadisonMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 08:32   #2

Re: Experienced Crew Wanted

MadisonMarie--- I made the crossing from Galveston to the Keys in 2013 on my Bristol Channel Cutter as a solo sailer-- so I know the Route---- ASA up through advanced costal cruising-- Sailed the Northwest. FYI- I am a retired dentist--- former LTC U.S Army- Divemaster--healthy and active--- but you should know that I am 69 years young-- many folks feel age is a limiting factor--- and I can understand that-- if my age does not deter you then let me know--- dogs no problem-- love them more than people--take care pat
prharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2022, 07:06   #3

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by prharrison View Post
MadisonMarie--- I made the crossing from Galveston to the Keys in 2013 on my Bristol Channel Cutter as a solo sailer-- so I know the Route---- ASA up through advanced costal cruising-- Sailed the Northwest. FYI- I am a retired dentist--- former LTC U.S Army- Divemaster--healthy and active--- but you should know that I am 69 years young-- many folks feel age is a limiting factor--- and I can understand that-- if my age does not deter you then let me know--- dogs no problem-- love them more than people--take care pat
============================
PM sent
davil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2022, 06:25   #4

Boat: Gulfstar 44

Pat I would prefer an older sailor over younger ones
We own a resort in South Texas that has decided it needs us this winter boooo. I was wanting to escape for a few months, but alas must keep the money maker happy. Can I save your info for our yet future trip?
Than you, Gerilyn, Captain of the Madison Marie
MadisonMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2022, 06:37   #5

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMarie View Post
Pat I would prefer an older sailor over younger ones
We own a resort in South Texas that has decided it needs us this winter boooo. I was wanting to escape for a few months, but alas must keep the money maker happy. Can I save your info for our yet future trip?
Than you, Gerilyn, Captain of the Madison Marie
===========================
nice posting
davil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2022, 07:18   #6

No worries Gerilyn-- God willing I will be around for a bit!!! It's been a good post for me-it has put me in touch with some older sailers, my mention of age seemed to strike a chord- There is a treasure out there of old experienced sailers, those who own boats and those who could be crew. WE are thankful to folks like you that look at our age and don't shy away--- focused intent and enthusiasm can substitute for the strength of youth. Later
prharrison is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crew wanted, enc, wanted