Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-12-2016, 01:09   #1

Experienced sailor looking for crew work

I have been land locked in the Northern California Bay Area for the last few years and am more than ready to hit the open ocean again. After college I worked on a farm and a brewery so I love getting my hands dirty and am not afraid of hard work. Until recently I worked as legislative analyst in the capitol in Sacramento. I am open to traveling to join the boat if the right situation presents itself.

I grew up in a sailing family, my amazing parents built their own boat in South Africa and sailed until they bumped in America and became pregnant with me. They eventually ended up in SF bay area so adventure and sailing is most assuredly in my blood. As a recently turned 30 year old, I am ready to put my skills and experience to use as crew. I am a very enthusiastic and capable sailor with over 20 years of experience. I have numerous ASA certifications including the Bareboat Qualification, so I'm legally allowed and more than capable to captain any sailboat under 99 ft. A few years ago I spent over a year cruising from California to Australia with many stops along the way. I acted as First Mate for the first half of the journey then took over as captain for the remainder. Having accomplished long passages on several trips - ranging from crossing the South Pacific, cruising all over Mexico, Central America, and the Pacific Northwest I am an adept, trained navigator with plenty of trip planning experience. I enjoy to cook and am a stellar Bbqer, if I may say so. I am also an avid fishermen with many other necessary boat expertise.

Please feel free to contact with my any questions. I am very keen to discuss or have a friendly conversation.

(916) 956-3606 or MattMalan86@gmail.com

Cheers!
MattMalan86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, enc, sail