Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-04-2018, 14:43   #1

Explore the Best of the Bahamas, June 1st - 30th

Looking for one crew member to spend three to four weeks exploring the “Best of the Bahamas” on a 31 foot sailboat. Although the goal is to visit remote and unspoiled islands the emphasis will be on enjoying the journey and being safe at all times.

About Me: I'm Mark and I enjoy traveling and sailing, I've learned to sail five years ago during a trip to New Zealand. I’m a member of a sailing club in Key Largo, FL and I’ve owned my boat for the past two years. When I’m not sailing or working on the boat I’m usually watching sailing videos on youtube

About You: flexible schedule, intermediate sailing experience, means to travel comfortably, non-smoker and enjoy the outdoors and physical activity.

Start: Early June, Key Largo FL

End: End of June, Key Largo FL

Cost: Shared-Cost (food, fuel, dockage)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02995.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	411.7 KB
ID:	168990   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03132.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	408.1 KB
ID:	168991  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150330_120651mini.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	168992  
irwin31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 17:34   #2

Re: Explore the Best of the Bahamas, June 1st - 30th

Hey have you sailed the Bahamas before? I did a few months a couple years back..

What route or islands do you plan on going by?
You talk about dockage, how often do you plan on staying in marinas etc.?
Can you tell me a little bit more about your typical day to day?
Any other details?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin31 View Post
Looking for one crew member to spend three to four weeks exploring the “Best of the Bahamas” on a 31 foot sailboat. Although the goal is to visit remote and unspoiled islands the emphasis will be on enjoying the journey and being safe at all times.

About Me: I'm Mark and I enjoy traveling and sailing, I've learned to sail five years ago during a trip to New Zealand. I’m a member of a sailing club in Key Largo, FL and I’ve owned my boat for the past two years. When I’m not sailing or working on the boat I’m usually watching sailing videos on youtube

About You: flexible schedule, intermediate sailing experience, means to travel comfortably, non-smoker and enjoy the outdoors and physical activity.

Start: Early June, Key Largo FL

End: End of June, Key Largo FL

Cost: Shared-Cost (food, fuel, dockage)
windycityxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:03   #3

Hi Windycity,

Great questions and it sounds like you have good recommendations for the Bahamas.

I haven't sailed the Bahamas before but I'm planning a trip to Bimini with my girlfriend around May 15th. Unfortunately she can only stay for a week due to work so I'm looking for someone that can continue the journey.

I don't have a specific itinerary but I've heard great things about the Berry Islands and the Exumas. The point of the trip for me is to discover unique places in the Bahamas, to become a better sailor, to relax and enjoy everyday and to make friendships with like-minded people. (The itinerary is largely dependent on weather and input from YOU--we'll sail at a comfortable pace, have fun and stay safe)

I expect we'll be anchored 90% of the time but in the event of a storm and poor anchoring conditions it will be best to find a marina. Also it's probably a good idea to check into a marina for a night every week or ten days to take a hot shower, do laundry, meet other sailors and break-up the routine a little.
irwin31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 19:25   #4

Boat: Searay, runabout, 21'

Hey Mark, Sounds like you have an ideal adventure in mind. Slow, easy going, laid back, small island exploring. I'd love to join you for a few weeks. Certified diver, self sufficient both personally and financially. My sailing experience consist of one week in the Florida Keys, one week Chesapeake Bay, and three and a half weeks around Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. If your interested please contact me by email. abwhitley@carolina.rr.com Thanks, Bobby
bobby whitley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:35   #5

Sent you a PM, let me know if you didn't get it.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin31 View Post
Hi Windycity,

Great questions and it sounds like you have good recommendations for the Bahamas.

I haven't sailed the Bahamas before but I'm planning a trip to Bimini with my girlfriend around May 15th. Unfortunately she can only stay for a week due to work so I'm looking for someone that can continue the journey.

I don't have a specific itinerary but I've heard great things about the Berry Islands and the Exumas. The point of the trip for me is to discover unique places in the Bahamas, to become a better sailor, to relax and enjoy everyday and to make friendships with like-minded people. (The itinerary is largely dependent on weather and input from YOU--we'll sail at a comfortable pace, have fun and stay safe)

I expect we'll be anchored 90% of the time but in the event of a storm and poor anchoring conditions it will be best to find a marina. Also it's probably a good idea to check into a marina for a night every week or ten days to take a hot shower, do laundry, meet other sailors and break-up the routine a little.
windycityxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 18:21   #6

Hello Mark. My name is Mike. I am a bit late getting to this. I am retired and sail in the Merritt Island/Cocoa Beach area. Past experience over 40 years sailing coastal water and the Chesapeake. I own a Colombia 8.7 (29 ft), have sailed the BVI and went to the Bahamas some years ago. I helped deliver a boat to North Carolina last spring. So I am a very experienced sailor. I have been looking for someone to share an adventure with if things are right. I am recently retired, non-smoker (occasional cigar or pipe), love to scuba and am very flexible in general in general. Unfortunately Mid June to Mid July is out for me. But if interested and your itinerary slips, I would be happy to help out. I have a mind to take my boat to the Abacos next year myself. If you want to chat, email to jmikeb76@gmail.com and we can get acquainted.
jmikeb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 20:35   #7

Hi Mark,
I used to live in Nassau, and did some minor cruising through the islands. My bible was a book called: "A Yachtsman Guide To The Bahamas Islands" by Harry Kline (I think I got the right spelling, but not certain.

Sketch maps and soundings, best approaches etc. for many of the 700 islands, rocks, and keys that make up the Bahamas, BTW I got the book at Miami airport. That was 40 years ago, so I don't know whether it's still in print. Amazon may be a source?

Happy sailing!
Sandgroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 20:27   #8

Boat: Irwin MK III 43

Ahoy Mark, Are you still looking for crew for your Bahamas trip? I am retired (no schedule/no itinerary), drug free, non-smoker that enjoys everything on/in the water.
I have an Irwin 43 in Daytona Beach that I single-hand up and down the East Coast. Try to get out on the water a least a couple of times a week and would look forward to getting over to the islands.
email me if your still going to go in June and want a tag-a-long.

Jeff
jsurr39395@gmail.com
JSurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 17:46   #9

Boat: Last boat 51, Baveria

Just saw this post , little late for this adventure but should you plan nother keep me in mind. Lots of Carib sailing, owned boats in Tortola for 10 years, last was a 51 Baveria. Delivered boats for Moorings down island and otherwise . Ocean Miles. Scuba diver, amateur diesel mechanic, Ham Radio. Previous experience in Bahamas . Retired, expenses no problem just looking for amicable fellows to get some time back on Ocean. Live in Arkansas ! Fly commercial aircraft part time on contract. Just renewed 100 Ton Master USCG license.
Gene
Pilot Gene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bahamas