Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-12-2021, 16:25   #1

Boat: Still looking for an education
FL peninsula days or weekends

Hi all,
The Wife and I live in Central FL with access to Atlantic or Gulf Coasts from Jacksonville to Miami, or Cedar Key to Naples within a few hours drive. I am returning to sailing after a couple decades hiatus (been out a few times recently and am recalling things fairly well, but by no means what anyone would call proficient), and she is new altogether. Our ASA 101 will be Dec. 28 & 29. If anyone is going out between now and then on a daysail, down the coast port-to-port, a shakedown run, or whatever; and wouldn't mind dragging a couple rookies along, we'd happily pitch in for lunch, dinner, fuel, and/or sundowners at the marina for a chance to get a day out and get a little practical experience before class time.

Regards,
Steve
SCWentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2021, 13:38   #2

Boat: 2002 Admiral 38 Catamaran
Re: FL peninsula days or weekends

Hello I am currently working my way south and in Fernandina Beach. Single handing a 38’ catamaran. Would be happy to have some company. Leaving tomorrow for St Augustine most likely. Stopping somewhere north of Ft Lauderdale where picking up wife on the 5th. Not sure how logistics will work for you. But have a little time to play.
ebisucapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2021, 17:13   #3

Thanks, that sounds awesome! Will send a PM.
Old 29-12-2021, 17:35   #4

Totally owe you, Greg! Jen and I went into ASA 101 yesterday, talked about the Fernandina to St. Aug. run with our instructor, and we skipped the lessons, and went straight to assessment. 100% written, and also aced the practical. Apparently, going outside the ICW is a bigger deal than you made it in some circles, so thanks for the experience, and a smooth passage. Will sail with you anytime you'll have us.