Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-06-2023, 07:16   #1

Boat: self-designed 48' catamaran
Smile Free rent/ help finish 50' cat for sea trials

SW Florida (Naples): my new 50' custom catamaran, built from scratch, will be ready for sea trials this winter. Become part of my team finishing the composite fiberglass work. You would need to be available no more than 2-3 hrs/day in exchange for a very nice apartment right on the water- RENT FREE!:
In your free time you can explore the Ten Thousand Islands in my sailing dinghy: sail, fish, shelling, camp overnight on one of the cays, bicycling, and much more. Fotos available.
tevake118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2023, 18:00   #2

Re: Free rent/ help finish 50' cat for sea trials

hello, I'm an aspiring sailor and currently living a bohemian lifestyle and I'm truly interested in the offer
jackaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 05:47   #3

Hi jackaboi,
Great to hear that there are still 'bohemians' out there. Could you switch over to my email: tevake118@gmail.com? Thanks
Old 03-08-2023, 06:48   #4

Thanks, everyone, I have found a good helper, so the apartment is now no longer on offer, but if you would be ok with a berth on the boat, plus use of the galley, frig, and bathroom, I would be glad to have you help continue this project- and partake in seatrials this fall...
Old 27-08-2023, 14:46   #5

Hi Tevake, I would be interested in this project.

I will be in Europe in October and November and flying back to Cancun Mexico, but would have interest to stop in Florida.

My experience: Mechanical Engineer, 47 yrs old, living in Mexico and Canada. Crossed gulf of mexico as first mate of 32 PDQ (in 2018) and coastal sailing on Bavaria 37 with UK couple Portugal, Spain and Gibraltar (2018). I also speak spanish.

All the best, I will send you and email too, just wanted to send here so you knew I was trying to contact you.
Brad bacougle hotmail
bacougle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2023, 19:48   #6

Hi Brad, It would be great if you could stop here on your way back from Europe; we have a lot in common. Please stay in touch- we will have a "berth" for you, meals, bath, and look forward to working on getting "FROM SCRATCH" ready for sea trials this winter..
Dennis.
Old 30-08-2023, 11:21   #7

Hi everyone, well, hurricane Adealia just came thru here, and it was a lot of work to take her down off the stands she was jacked up on- with only a 4ton car jack...
I am still looking for someone physically fit and skilled with tools, so please update my original thread.
Tevake in Goodland.
PS: please tell me, John P., Brad C., and John B, if you are still planning to help?
Old 02-10-2023, 17:10   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tevake118 View Post
SW Florida (Naples): my new 50' custom catamaran, built from scratch, will be ready for sea trials this winter. Become part of my team finishing the composite fiberglass work. You would need to be available no more than 2-3 hrs/day in exchange for a very nice apartment right on the water- RENT FREE!:
In your free time you can explore the Ten Thousand Islands in my sailing dinghy: sail, fish, shelling, camp overnight on one of the cays, bicycling, and much more. Fotos available.
Hi my name is Albert and i am interested in helping with your project. is there position still available? you can email to albertvan007@yahoo.com or call 905 259 2235
albertvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 17:11   #9

Hi my name is Albert and i am interested in helping with your project. is there position still available? you can email to albertvan007@yahoo.com or call 905 259 2235
albertvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2023, 10:05   #10

Not sure if this opportunity is over but if it’s not I am interested in helping however I can. If you are doing wiring for systems I am an avionics technician. I’ve set up airplanes electronics systems including upgrading systems and building wire bundles and then installing them. If my skills are of any use to you let me know how I can help.
Thank you.
-Cody
Thatjuiceguyy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2023, 13:59   #11

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

This guy is a marketing genius! Hats off to him.
Chotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2023, 14:10   #12

Boat: 30' Ericson / 42' Golden Star / Yard full of trailer boats

Questioning by the # of posts behind usernames if it was all self generated? To what purpose I have no idea. Given insurance requirements and liability issues it seems fraught with potential problems.
Turtle Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2023, 15:51   #13

Hi "Thatjuiceguy91:
Yes, We definitely could use your skills on the wiring!
And now is the best time of the year to come to South Florida; (todays temp was 75).
Send me an email, please.

Also, I will take this opportunity to thank Brad for your assistance, esp the the daggerboard!
Old 17-01-2024, 11:43   #14

OP,

Do you have a website or any photos of the boat you are working on? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would really like to see what you are working. Is it a frankencat or a work of art?
26N80W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2024, 17:01   #15

Hi,
Geez, 🤔 must I really choose between 'Frankenship' and 'Work of Art'? And I haven't been 'connected' enuf to know how to include a picture on this site, but if you would please send me an email, I will try to attach a foto.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Cody for coming all the down from the freezing North to help here in the excruciatingly warm and sunny sub-tropical Florida😂!