Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-12-2022, 09:59   #1

Boat: Irwin, 44
Ft Lauderdale to Eluthera crew wanted 12/31

My crew cancelled last night.

Heading to the North End of Eluthera via Abacos. From Ft Luaderdale 12/21/22.

44 Irwin center cockpit. Boat is good shape but interior is worn and old.

Yanmar diesel, gen set, auto pilot , chart plotter, ipad with Navionics, windless with 44 pound Mantis anchor bridle, Air conditioning, etc.. 12 fit hard bottom inflat. dingy with 18 hp for exploring an snorkeling. Garmin inreach SOS device.

I am 64 but in good shape for sailing. I have sailed to Green Turtle Cay before but now have friends in Eluthera to visit. I have been sailing 30 years and am capable of single handing but prefer not to go alone for safety reasons

You need to be able to help, steer, know how to tie of a cleat etc., handle a winch, put out a bumper, I simply don't want to go alone.

You will need valid Passport. You should be able to pay for your flight to the US if you are not going to stay until I return at the end of January. You will need money for incidentals, I have already provisioned the boat so boat meals are included.

No drinking while underway, no politics, be kind and helpful , enjoy and relax.

Boat is center cock pit so you will have the main cabin with twin bed, your own head.....boat ain't pretty or fancy but comfortable, sea worthy, well maintained.

Couples ok if they are both capable of helping.

Hit me up if you want to go. Thanks , Tom
gtwashio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2022, 16:37   #2

Boat: Columbia 8.7 1978
Re: Ft Lauderdale to Eluthera crew wanted 12/31

Hi Tom,

I will definitely be interested in this. I had another trip planned and it has fallen through. Primary thing is that I am not available until January 7 at the earliest, eighth and ninth would be better for some breathing room. Unfortunately, I would not be able to change the date on my end as I am covering a maternity leave at work until then. I am free until February 10. Everything in your post looks fine. A little about me:. I am a 52-year-old male. I have three years sailing experience and we would consider my skills intermediate. I have mechanical skills, am a decent cook and good helper. I have a positive attitude and spirit. I am self-employed and recent empty Nester so I am looking to explore coastal cruising and cruising in general to see if it’s something that I might do in the next phase of my life. I have a significant other who also has beginner to intermediate skills and would be interested in joining if It worked. Her attitude is also awesome. Both of us are positive can-do people. It would not be a dealbreaker if she was unable to come with me. Feel free to contact me directly at areiff44@gmail.com as I feel like the communications might be a little less clunky.

Thanks, Albert
Albert1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2022, 09:12   #3

Boat: Last boat 51, Baveria

When are you planning on leaving. I would like to join and perhaps go by Exhumas . I have a 35 foot cat there which my partner is using but would like to visit. I could stay as crew depending on your schedule. Retired free to travel expenses and airfare no problem . Please call 479.651.5406. Gene
Pilot Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2022, 10:14   #4

Boat: Last boat 51, Baveria

Forgot to mention I could stay the whole trip, but am tied up until the 4th, but if air is available I’ll fly out on 5th or 6th. Gene
Pilot Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 07:12   #5

Boat: Irwin, 44

Hi Gene and Happy New Year,

Thank you for responding.

Please forgive me for the late reply. I have been pushing hard to prepare for the trip.

I intend to leave out of Ft Lauderdale on Tuesday afternoon and take 4 to 7 days to make Eluthera. I have a friend coming so the immediate need is covered.

Once there I will have a better idea of how things will proceed. I will send you a text and put you in my phone so that we can talk.

Regards,

Tom Washio
gtwashio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crew wanted, wanted