Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-03-2019, 17:47   #1

Boat: 2000 Jeanneau, 45.2
Georgetown, Exumas to Roatan / Rio Dulce

Wife and I (60's) planning on sailing our 46 ft sloop from Georgetown, Exumas to Central America likely Roatan or Rio Dulce. Plan is to depart Georgetown sometime in May. Looking for two crew, a couple or 2 singles. We have 2 empty berths, so the singles would not need to share. Boat is a very well found 2000 Jeanneau 45.2. While weather dependent, trip is expected to take approximately 3 weeks.

We have been full time cruisers since 2016 with over 10K miles, but this is our first passage to Central America. Plan is to meet up in Georgetown and sail locally for a week or so to allow all involved to make sure all is good before departing. Preliminary route is Georgetown to Great Inagua, then thru the Cuba/Haiti slot to Jamaica, hop over to Grand Cayman, then landfall in CA.

This boat is our home (we don't have a dirt anchor), so crew is expected to act accordingly ... respect the boat and our personal possessions, no smoking, no drugs and we keep a dry boat while underway.

Pleasant personal interaction between all on board and reliable performance of assigned duties is paramount. Being an 'old salt' is not required but ability to stand solo night watch, use basic electronic navigation, adjust sail trim as appropriate and adherence to all safety rules is required. We welcome the opportunity to help you improve your seamanship skills and hopefully, if you want, "to live the dream".

Please PM us with your thoughts about our preliminary plans, explain why you are the one(s) to join our crew, and any other information you feel should we should take into consideration.

Per normal convention, you will be responsible for getting to/from the boat and any off the boat expenses while in the ports. All expenses for the boat and provisions while underway are our responsibility. Valid passport with at least 6 months until expiration required.

Alan and Ruth
Jeanneau 45.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 13:12   #2

Re: Georgetown, Exumas to Roatan / Rio Dulce

Hi, Alan and Ruth
I'm a 60's yr old man that has led an extraordinary life now currently looking for new adventures I have done a bit of sailing and have my ASA courses I just need to refresh my skills on board and I am looking to do such.... I probably can't talk to you as an old salt ... vernacular ... but I have spent a lot of time on and around boats,,, I was born raised for a bit in Fl... and have done oh so many things in my life .... I am now acknowledged as a story teller extraordinaire

because my life experiences gave me all my stories to tell you may not believe but I swear they are all true ....

My handle racer565 really was because I owned a 2 car race team for about 18 years ... i am very proficient at motors of all types and their ancillary items
in addition I recently closed escrow on my house had all the experiences with running a small ranch for over 15 yrs...
I was able to retire at 41 by writing a few books .... non fiction... and having done infomercials and direct response marketing during the 90's ... subsequently had a product in Home Depot for about 20 yrs

Prior to that i was a typical Telephone man I worked for GTE for 10 years ... I climbed poles Crawled houses .... most importantly I learned to run wire and deal with electricity 12 volt came in very handy when restoring some of my cars .... I currently have a 96 Viper a 2001 Prowler A Silverado .... and a 69 Camaro
I say all this as I want you to know that I am very comfortable around Motors and 110 220 12 volt wiring .... I redid my 4bd home with all LED and Alexa all home automation and did all my own plumbing and irrigation also ....
I know electronics and and have Mechanical skills I truly do not mean to toot my own horn but not much I can't fix on a boat.....I can Jury rig most anything to get by

in addition I was also a Marina Manager on a very large Ca. lake for several years as a Fun job I needed to keep busy .... worked like crazy during May 1st to Labor day .... then did marina and boat maintenance til next season

Gourmet Cooking is my hobby.... So I now realize I should send you a PM
There is Wayyyyyyy too much info on my resume to put here

I really would like to talk to you and your wife about your adventure .... if all would be good I'd love to Join you .... I am very handy don't get seasick no bad vices I drink
But seldom to excess .... I have no Problem with dry boat under way ... I love to eat am in relatively good shape a bit of a belly that comes with good food and age but its ok ....

Had an incredible life A bit wild and crazy in my 20's Great stories in music business
Stable in my 30's raised kids 2 marriages 14 and 20 yrs
Did my own thing in my 40's made some bucks
Had a great time in my 50's and now I come to this place and I am
Still looking for adventure .... was gonna to and may still buy a boat but I'm alone and would like to share adventure with some friends I'm very easy going and get along with most very well ... an author ... inventor... independent ... racer... mechanic .. GRT Cook
and I am probably one of the World's Best Fisherman .... are not we all LOL

I will truly respect you both as captains and more importantly your boat as your home I can understand and respect that

Cruising is one of the last items on my Bucket list ....For I have done all the others

Roatan is high on that list .... never been I am gonna go

i'll post my EM and fone digits IDK if it's allowed but maybe my profile will have them I'll check after this

Bud Franklin racer565@ymail.com .... 805 441 8850
racer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 21:00   #3

Re: Georgetown, Exumas to Roatan / Rio Dulce

Estoy interesado en acompañarlos!
Les envio mi CV Nautico

Muchas gracias por su tiempo.
Saludos
Gerardo Genoud

I am interested in accompanying you!
I sent my Nautical CV

Thank you very much for your time.
regards
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CV Náutico - Gerardo M. Genoud.pdf (744.9 KB, 51 views)
Tete Genoud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exumas, georgetown