Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2021, 18:46   #1

Boat: Perry 43 (syndicate yacht)
Greece to Oz

Hi,

Looking for expressions of interest for two qualified crew to join a certified skipper delivering a leopard 48 from Corfu to Darwin on a Leopard 48 cat.

By qualified crew, I mean some sailing experience, not necessarily certification. You will be required to keep watch and be an active member of the crew.

The route will be via Suez Canal and then across the Indian Ocean. Total trip length in the vicinity of 60 tp 70 days.

Departure will be late November to early December.

Regards
Jeff
Tsalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 19:14   #2

Boat: Dean 440 13.4m catamaran
Re: Greece to Oz

questions please :

- what arrangements are in place to enter australia ?
- do these include the crew ?
- do these involve 14 day hotel quarantine ? at who's expense ?

just asking for a friend...

cheers,
Old 06-09-2021, 19:40   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisr View Post
questions please :

- what arrangements are in place to enter australia ?
- do these include the crew ?
- do these involve 14 day hotel quarantine ? at who's expense ?

just asking for a friend...

cheers,
Entry in to Australia by plane is almost impossible. Entry by boat is pretty easy.

The govenement here are making noises about quarantine finishing for people who are double vaxed.

The skipper will be heading back to the UK upon arrival however if the crew want to stay, I would be happy to pay for the quarantine fee if it is still in place at the time.

I didn't mention in the initial post, but I will pay for the catering en route.

Regards
Jeff
Old 07-09-2021, 00:36   #4

Boat: Outremer 55L
Greece to Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsalta View Post
.. Entry by boat is pretty easy…

?!?

Yes if you’re an Australian citizen or the immediate family of an Australian citizen who is on the boat. No if you’re not an Australian citizen or immediate family of an Australian citizen on board the boat. Any crew who are not Australians won’t be able to enter Australia.

How do you plan to get permission for non-Australian crew to enter Australia?

Regarding quarantine, don’t count on it. We sailed from New Zealand, are double vaccinated, and provided negative PCR tests taken immediately before departure. Queensland Health declined our exemption request.
fxykty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 01:06   #5

That's not correct at all.

Queensland and Western Australia are both now communist dictatorships. The final destination of the vessel is actually Queensland but because of the insane requirements there, the destination port is in the NT.

I have spoken to the Northern Territory quarantine department and Border Force and have covered off all the requirements. In the NT, they even allow the departing crew to remain on board until their flight date. There is no chance of that in QLD.

If the crew wishes to remain in Australia, they will need to apply for visas and an exemption, however, if there are spaces available in Howard Springs, this should not be an issue.
Old 07-09-2021, 01:56   #6

Boat: Retired from CF

Quote:
That's not correct at all.

Queensland and Western Australia are both now communist dictatorships. The final destination of the vessel is actually Queensland but because of the insane requirements there, the destination port is in the NT.

I have spoken to the Northern Territory quarantine department and Border Force and have covered off all the requirements. In the NT, they even allow the departing crew to remain on board until their flight date. There is no chance of that in QLD.

If the crew wishes to remain in Australia, they will need to apply for visas and an exemption, however, if there are spaces available in Howard Springs, this should not be an issue.
Just a few questions pls.
1) who would cover the cost to travel in my case from OZ to Greece?
2) No pay for the duration of the passage but food provided?
3) What security arrangements have you got in place for the Golf of Aden?
4) If a returning OZ Permanent resident needs to go into self funded Quarantine in Howard Springs you cover the cost?

I am a Permanent resident on a EU passport so i can leave OZ but might have to stay away for 90+ days.

Thanks
SV DINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 02:35   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV DINGO View Post
Just a few questions pls.
1) who would cover the cost to travel in my case from OZ to Greece?
2) No pay for the duration of the passage but food provided?
3) What security arrangements have you got in place for the Golf of Aden?
4) If a returning OZ Permanent resident needs to go into self funded Quarantine in Howard Springs you cover the cost?

I am a Permanent resident on a EU passport so i can leave OZ but might have to stay away for 90+ days.

Thanks
Hi Mate,

Are you in Australia? hmm,

1. Happy to discuss options
2. Yes, I'm covering food enroute
3. I have investigated a little bit of security but no plans concrete yet. From what I have found, there does not seem to have been an incident since late 2019. But more research required in this department.
4. I was expecting crew from Greece who would be wanting to come to Australia. For those guys I would be covering either their costs for quarintine or return flight home, but not both.
Old 07-09-2021, 03:16   #8

Quote:
Hi Mate,

Are you in Australia? hmm,

1. Happy to discuss options
2. Yes, I'm covering food enroute
3. I have investigated a little bit of security but no plans concrete yet. From what I have found, there does not seem to have been an incident since late 2019. But more research required in this department.
4. I was expecting crew from Greece who would be wanting to come to Australia. For those guys I would be covering either their costs for quarintine or return flight home, but not both.
Yes as i mentioned i am a Permanent resident but on an EU passport , currently on Magnatic Island.
Not so sure about Greek crew and visas right now , Australia requires visas prior to overseas departure not as many countries that grant visas on arrival and right now is most likely a bit difficult to get a visa in Greece but that is another issue. I myself dont even know whether i will make it to Dawin this year with boarders open/shut etc but had plans to leave my boat in Darwin for a few month so thats why i noticed your post. I know people have done the trip via the Indian Ocean but is not the mainstream way to get to OZ. Are you suggesting a non stop passage? I think given the current situation there are many many obsticles far beyond just cost. Happy to stay in touch to see what the next few month might hold. Definately an interesting venture.
Old 07-09-2021, 03:31   #9

Quote:
Hi,

Looking for expressions of interest for two qualified crew to join a certified skipper delivering a leopard 48 from Corfu to Darwin on a Leopard 48 cat.

By qualified crew, I mean some sailing experience, not necessarily certification. You will be required to keep watch and be an active member of the crew.

The route will be via Suez Canal and then across the Indian Ocean. Total trip length in the vicinity of 60 tp 70 days.

Departure will be late November to early December.

Regards
Jeff
Hi Jeff,
I would definitively be interested in crewing for this delivery, I am an Australian citizen ( based in Melbourne ) and fully Covid vaccinated, I am available and have sailing experience in the Med, in the Caribbean and have owned my own boats, but I am not certified . I am good on a boat, enjoy cooking as well and keen to get back on the water. I would just need to get to Corfu and may have to quarantine on arrival. maybe best communicate via email : paolognecchiruscone@gmail.com
Rigger-sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 22:36   #10

Hi there.

I'm an Australian citizen in Athens currently.
I'm interested. Got skills. I like the route your taking.
Can we speak via email please ?

Cheers.
Parker 888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 23:10   #11

d8n8p8@gmail.com
Parker 888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 23:10   #12

Ship the boat.
olaf hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2021, 00:22   #13

Boat: Volkscruiser

Tsalta you should keep us all up to date on how the trip goes? I am curious what sort of cyclone avoidance strategy you have? Is it possible to seek refuge in a country with closed borders? If one of your crew develops a serious case of Covid who pays for the medical expenses? I read on Noonsite about an Australian couple who paid over $30,000 to get an air ambulance out of Tahiti to Perth.
Cheers
Fore and Aft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2021, 00:31   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore and Aft View Post
Tsalta you should keep us all up to date on how the trip goes? I am curious what sort of cyclone avoidance strategy you have? Is it possible to seek refuge in a country with closed borders? If one of your crew develops a serious case of Covid who pays for the medical expenses? I read on Noonsite about an Australian couple who paid over $30,000 to get an air ambulance out of Tahiti to Perth.
Cheers
Dont kock him yet. The venture has about a 1% chance to happen but if Capt. Cook would not have taken his 1% chance we most likely would be Dutch here now.
Old 13-09-2021, 00:50   #15

Boat: Volkscruiser

SV Dingo, I am not knocking him yet. Beats me why he is not bringing it back himself? Its only 60 to 70 days maybe less if you pick up a cyclone on the right quarter.
I am curious if anyone on this forum has done the trip?
Cheers
Fore and Aft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Greece