Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2019, 06:13   #1

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,
Halifax to Bermuda end of October

must have experience
no alcohol no drugas on board
davil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 08:16   #2

Boat: Hunter 460
Re: Halifax to Bermuda end of October

Hi - I would be curious to know more details about the boat, your experience, other crew on board, etc...

May be able to join and this info would likely be helpful for other as well.

Thanks!

Dan
dkbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 09:00   #3

Hi
good questions
thank you
been sailing since June or about and have multiple postings under Davil, if you click on my name and select other postings around May 15 and June there you will find most of the info of interest, being in a poor wifi services area and have some difficulties connecting, here is a copy of my old postings

"Re: East Coast Sandy Hook NJ to Maine
1987 Cape Dory 30 Mark II

The boat is equipped with AIS, Radar, Chartplotter EPIRB, Personal AIS beacon, Marine Radio, Garmin InReach Explorer and liferaft.
Because has Nature'head composting head I ask you to read its use as requires some different "techniques" if you are a woman or a man, some links I found but please read them, I know some people like them others not, and this is a "deal-breaker".
Please contact me via PM with all your questions, about boat, equipment, watch schedule and what you consider important regarding safety, duties, etc, and personal

Morehead City NC to Norfolk VA area
Need help to sail my boat from Morehead City NC to the Norfolk VA area in two weeks, not later than the end of this month, will be coastal(outside)with Cape Hatteras to consider.
Is a Cape Dory 30 MKII 1987
The boat is equipped with AIS, Radar, Chartplotter EPIRB, Personal AIS beacon, Marine Radio, Garmin InReach Explorer and liferaft,Monitor windvane.
Because has Nature'head composting head I ask you to read its use as requires some different "techniques" if you are a woman or a man, some links I found but please read them, I know some people like them others not, and this is a "deal-breaker".
Please contact me via PM with all your questions, about boat, equipment, watch schedule and what you consider important regarding safety, duties etc, and personal info(regarding the sailing experience), and that includes requesting info about me.
The sail should be 2 to 4 days with one or three nights, weather depending, availability of transient docking space in Norfolk, etc.
I will cover provisioning the boat and all costs associated with the boat. You will need to provide your own transportation to and from the boat,this could be negotiated.
The boat is alcohol-free, drug-free, and tobacco-free. No exceptions.
If on medications I need to know.
If any medical condition I need to know.

Old 15-05-2019, 22:16
davil
=============================================

since the last posting added IridiumGo with a subscription to PredictWind, plus the services of Jenifer Clarke as routing advise.
My friend arrives this Saturday looking for a Sunday departure IF the blessings of Jenifer's
Old 14-10-2019, 09:11   #4

since have a connection will add hope can send it
Been sailing for about 50 years,started sailing on the Snipe class were I learned sailing,moved to a Ventura 23 as my first "cruising boat with my family,then a hunter 25 on California,coastal and weekends in Catalina Island,then on to a Tartan 1978 34 ft cruised for 4 years,Morro Bay to Saint Petersburg via Panama canal,had a Nimble 20 for the last 6 years or so,last June sold it and purchased Martha Lei, been sailing since June to Halifax, most times single-handed some times with crew.
total sea miles including offshore about 10000, not much by this forum standards but enough to learn some basics.

Tags
Bermuda, halifax