Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2020, 13:49   #16

Boat: Hanse 505 50'
Re: Hawaii to Seattle - May - paid crew

I thought I'd give everyone an update. At this point I have more than enough people interested, and won't be able to even consider anyone new. If you've already contacted me, I'm working through the list as quickly as I can. I will do my best to let each of you who have expressed interest know one way or the other in the next few days.

I really appreciate how many excellent and qualified people have responded. Thank you.
ohthetrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 22:56   #17

Boat: C&C 36

Hi
Sounds good, and I'm keen. PM sent.
Cheers
BrotherT
BrotherT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 05:13   #18

I am interested !!

ikonn90@gmail.com - Thanks a lot for contact and more details
SailorGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2020, 17:51   #19

Boat: C&C 36

Hi. Sounds good, and I’m keen. Sent a PM with my background and experience. Cheers BrotherT
BrotherT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2020, 07:26   #20

Send a message via Skype™ to Ctmlupi RYA

Hello,

I would like to add two things:

obviously, if you had to choose me in your crew, I would pay for the transfer from Italy to the USA (east or west coast);

once you have made your choice, how do you communicate it? I think I will send you a pm with my contacts.

Thank you. Best regards.

Ernesto G.
Ctmlupi RYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2020, 15:31   #21

Hey, I am interested in your crossing.
I am 23 and fully disposible for anytime
I have logged over 8000 nautical miles of pacific waters in the last year. A year ago i left from Mexico, Bahia Tortugas, to French polynesia. I cruised around there for 3 months and then continued going west on different boats.
30 foot rawson for 37 days with me and 20 year old captain
32 sloop for another 2 months around islands
55 jeanneau for 10 day crossin to tonga
50 moody from tonga to fiji to new caledonia to australia
Now i currently sail as crew on a 47 foot islander and a 57 foot columbia in Maui out of Maalaea, windiest harbor.
Please contact me at zanderward1996 at gmail
warda20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2020, 20:04   #22

Boat: Gulfstar 37

Maybe you missed the post from the op from a week ago: "I thought I'd give everyone an update. At this point I have more than enough people interested, and won't be able to even consider anyone new. If you've already contacted me, I'm working through the list as quickly as I can. I will do my best to let each of you who have expressed interest know one way or the other in the next few days."

Furthermore, Hawaii has just halted travel to the islands for 15 days.

I really appreciate how many excellent and qualified people have responded. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warda20 View Post
Hey, I am interested in your crossing.
I am 23 and fully disposible for anytime
I have logged over 8000 nautical miles of pacific waters in the last year. A year ago i left from Mexico, Bahia Tortugas, to French polynesia. I cruised around there for 3 months and then continued going west on different boats.
30 foot rawson for 37 days with me and 20 year old captain
32 sloop for another 2 months around islands
55 jeanneau for 10 day crossin to tonga
50 moody from tonga to fiji to new caledonia to australia
Now i currently sail as crew on a 47 foot islander and a 57 foot columbia in Maui out of Maalaea, windiest harbor.
Please contact me at zanderward1996 at gmail
Lazerbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 06:35   #23

sending you a PM right now.
BVIbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 02:30   #24

Aloha Captain!

Are you still looking for crew for your Hawaii to Seattle voyage this May?
If so, I may be available. I'm an experienced boat captain (U.S.C.G. Masters License 100 ton w/ sail endorsement) w/ open ocean passage experience and I currently live on Maui.

Please let me know asap.

Mahalo!
gaeng@hotmail.com
gaeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 13:46   #25

I sent you a direct message! Extremely interested in helping out, even if its not on this particular trip!
Bbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 11:59   #26

My name is Josh, I have alot of mechanical expertise, and boating/sailing experience. I am in hawaii now, currently on the big island. I would love to hop aboard and crew for you non paid. I have had 4 sailboats and many motor boats. And would be a good one to help. I haven't made a passage like this yet,but I'll be bringing my Freeport 41 from alaska to hawaii next year. So I need the experience..mahalo. 9072689475
Jazzmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 00:38   #27

Hey I could possibly be a "third" I'm 23 and have a strong desire to learn quick learner and I hold a current WA sailing license though I lack practical hands on experience. I'm strong physically and mentally as well as confident in my ability's. I currently get free flights so you'll be able to save some $. Super respectful and willing to listen to orders
ezechiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2020, 07:10   #28

Liberal artist(painter photographer), 10yrs cook exp, small boat Sailor, loves Hawaii interested in 3r person position!
Physically fit, 50 young, year-round cyclist...

PaulHarrington@hotmail.com
Galley exp Timberwind, Camden 2004
paulharrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2020, 10:24   #29

Boat: Tayana 37
Send a message via Yahoo to ughmo2000

Hi, I'll throw my name in the ring for consideration...

63 y/o retired firefighter/paramedic. While I'm far from knowing it all I have quite a bit of delivery experience including six trans-Atlantics and numerous deliveries throughout the Bahamas and Caribbean. Have my own gear, GPS, and PLB. Very knowledgeable of navigation, cruise prep, provisioning, daily maintenance, and can even cook a bit. CV and references upon request
ughmo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2020, 12:41   #30

Greetings from the Valley of the Sun (Phoenix, AZ)... my name is Tom. Originally from Cape Cod, MA (23 yrs)... been sailing since very young age, but definitely would NOT fall into the category of the (2) “experienced” crew you’re seeking...

Fortunate growing up 20+ yrs to be afforded a great childhood sailing Dad’s boats which included: Pearson 35, Pearson 32, Tartan 10, J24, J22, Hobie Cats, Laser’s, Sunfish... mostly local cruising in Nantucket sound, but some light racing exp. too.

Moved to Los Angeles and realized quickly I was not on the sailboat budget my Dad had afforded us all those years, so got the next best thing... a 6’10” Becker surfboard that I spent 4-5 days a week getting my fill of the Pacific (Malibu beaches down to O.C)... also crewed a bit out of the Marina Del Rey Yacht Club for some local Sat/Sun racing...

My sailing options out here in AZ are quite limited. Hawai’i to Continental US is at the top of my “bucket list” items!! My Dad (who instilled in me my passion and love for all things “Ocean”) passed away 3 years ago and I’m anxious to make this trip so much for me... but also for my Dad as I know he would be looking down with pride, joy (a bit of jealousy maybe), and I’m sure a bit of reluctant concern too...

What I lack in trans-oceanic experience, I GUARANTEE I will make up for ten-fold in personality/attitude, mental physical toughness, and willingness and eagerness to help and contribute!

I work in the “hotel industry” out here in Phoenix. Our industry has been hit very hard (like so many)... so many things come down to timing... the timing couldn’t me any MORE right for an opportunity like this!

Tom M
TMartInAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, hawaii, seattle