Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2020, 05:45   #1

Help us finishing our 3 years trimaran refit

There is few places on earth where the community is so big and helpful like the cruising & sailing community. We have received so much support and kind words during our project that got out of control. Yes, we were probably naive..., had way to much scope creep, some bad luck...but our 3 months have now turned into a 3 years refit. Almost done!

Due lack of money and corona times, we returned home. Our hope and plan is to return to the boat in southern Mexico by the end of this year.

Why not take the chance to see if somebody out there is way to bored? Want to give a helping hand to finish our 46ft performance cruising trimaran, see her splash....and do some cruising?

https://youtu.be/13zQTE-gQfg
andreas.mehlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:48   #2

Boat: Chris White Voyager 48
Re: Help us finishing our 3 years trimaran refit

That's a great job of rebuilding Hot Sauce. Good luck with finishing and getting out on the water.

Hot Sauce was one of the boats on our list when we were shopping. The hurricane took it off. I'm glad you took it on as Hot Sauce is one cool boat.

Cheers,
Old 07-06-2020, 11:02   #3

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

I’ll throw my hat in the ring too. 50’ high performance catamaran needs work inside the USA in southeast. Anyone wanting to learn resins, glassing, structural work, finish work, ABYC plumbing, electric, etc.

PM/DM if interested.
Chotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 10:06   #4

Boat: Custom Catamaran

Oh man, just watching your vid now and I feel your pain! My 3 month steel ketch project took just about 6 years....

It’ll be worth it in the end!

N
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20495DBC-9D48-46A3-8D2B-56CBAE81603D.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	426.2 KB
ID:	217142  
ausnp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 11:32   #5

Boat: a sailing boat

Ha ha ha !

Guys! So you are into building boats!

I think there is a special forum for that, let me google for a minute ...

ok, I am back:

https://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-building/

An amazing story. I hope you will be able to get back to her after this smelly virus thing is over and continue building!

Good luck!

And now me off to watch your video!

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 11:53   #6

Boat: a sailing boat

Watched this one here, and then veered into your channel too. Big boatyard adventure, that's for sure.

I bet you will hate actual cruising the day you set off. But maybe you can then simply find another boat to continue your amazing feat. I think, with your skills, you would be actually wasting your talents, if you were to just go sailing. Gothenburg has plenty of nice boatyard places and there is always demand for skills there.

BTW I wonder how do you tie her down when you go home to Gothenburg. For clearly a passing hurricane could lift her up and toss. So, do you chain her down? And do you use a frame for this or some kind of ice-like screws?

BTW2 now with full sommar in front of you I guess you are not really missing Mexico!

Cheers,

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 12:08   #7

Boat: Toni Hansen Trimere 33

My 33 foot tri took two full years to rebuild. And it has a foam core that didn’t need any repair. We just celebrated our forth full time liveaboard anniversary. You have done a huge amount of work in 3 years. Giterdone.
Supers0nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 12:29   #8

Boat: Lancer 36

Most of us know about boat bucks, guess we have the corrollary for refit times.....1 month projected equals 1 year actual? I am on month 5 on repairs of my 1980 boat I bought in February.
OloteleMtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 12:45   #9
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

Nice work! I looked at Hot Sauce ten years ago in Vancouver. We ended up buying a cat.
Thumbs Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 12:58   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
Watched this one here, and then veered into your channel too. Big boatyard adventure, that's for sure.

I bet you will hate actual cruising the day you set off. But maybe you can then simply find another boat to continue your amazing feat. I think, with your skills, you would be actually wasting your talents, if you were to just go sailing. Gothenburg has plenty of nice boatyard places and there is always demand for skills there.

BTW I wonder how do you tie her down when you go home to Gothenburg. For clearly a passing hurricane could lift her up and toss. So, do you chain her down? And do you use a frame for this or some kind of ice-like screws?

BTW2 now with full sommar in front of you I guess you are not really missing Mexico!

Cheers,

b.

not to bad at the moment in Sweden

It's really south in MX, very very rare with hurricanes here...so no...if she flies..she flies all the way to the docks and get launched I hope haha
Old 11-06-2020, 12:59   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
Nice work! I looked at Hot Sauce ten years ago in Vancouver. We ended up buying a cat.
Coool I love cats! Have had two. One endeacourcat 30...crossed the pacific on, and Edel Helios 38...same there..sold in Australia.

This is our first trimaran, also the fastest boat so far.

Tags
refit, trimaran