Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2019, 14:53   #61

Boat: 1985 Ericson 32-3
Re: Herrington Harbor, MD to somewhere warmer south

FEC - Not sure where you are since it's been over a week since you posted. As a local, if you're still in the Chesapeake, you've lost your weather window. We in MD had a very light flurry early today and the forecast beyond this weekend is increasingly 30s, 20s, rain, and ice. It's just about the polar opposite of MDR because it is suddenly going to be a raw wet penetrating kind of cold.

Mid-days at this point are in the 40s which for us means getting things ready for the coming freezes.
Checkswrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:11   #62

Boat: HR 40
Send a message via Skype™ to Auspicious

@FEC - you're really at decision time. Do you want referrals to good services for winterization?
Auspicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2019, 04:42   #63

Boat: Tartan 40

Any updates? Staying put or on your way south?
malbert73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2019, 07:37   #64

If you have winterized and are coming back in the Spring reach out to me. I also have a 1997 Benny 50 and have a 50 ton Captain's licence
hijinks1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:52   #65

Boat: ChrisCraft,Connie,37ft

sent you a pm
Old 09-01-2020, 20:52   #66

I am an enthusiastic sailer with 57 days of documented experience including offshore, night sailing and multi-day trips. My schedule is flexible, and I am available on short notice.

If you can send me your email address, I can forward you my resume.

Thanks,
Craig
csb2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 17:39   #67
FEC

Hello everyone, I decided to have the boat winterized and stay put until March, when we fly back. In the meantime, I'm looking for someone locally in Los Angeles to show my wife and I the ropes on a similar 50ft boat.
...I'm going where the sun keeps shining through the pouring rain, going where the weather suits my close...Banking off of the northeast wind, sailing on a summer breeze...and skipping over the ocean like a stone...
FEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2020, 12:28   #68

Hello. I came across this and wondered if you ever made the trip and where you ended up. It was getting very late in the year for it. Lots of good advice here. Anyway, I am in the Cape Canaveral area and, this time of year people are thinking of heading the other way in a couple of months. I am retired, 62, in good health, 30+ years of sailing and boating experience. I am currently waiting for my USCG OUPV credentials (they are still reviewing my first Aid/CPR certificate). If you end up having a need for help in the area, or returning north (i assume you ended up somewhere), feel free to PM me. I would be willing to help just for the fun and experience of it.
jmikeb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2020, 13:18   #69

Boat: 47' Olympic Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmikeb76 View Post
Hello. I came across this and wondered if you ever made the trip and where you ended up. It was getting very late in the year for it. Lots of good advice here. Anyway, I am in the Cape Canaveral area and, this time of year people are thinking of heading the other way in a couple of months. I am retired, 62, in good health, 30+ years of sailing and boating experience. I am currently waiting for my USCG OUPV credentials (they are still reviewing my first Aid/CPR certificate). If you end up having a need for help in the area, or returning north (i assume you ended up somewhere), feel free to PM me. I would be willing to help just for the fun and experience of it.
Maybe they should review your attention to detail
Lodesman is offline   Reply With Quote