Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-03-2018, 10:09   #1

I have the time and experience if you have the boat!

Sailing yacht skipper with commercial qualifications now retired available.

Hi, I sold my last boat a Fountain Pajot 46 cat last year in mexico and I am missing the ocean! I hope to offer you my experience to help you with your ocean crossing, rally, regatta, assisted passage, vacation , delivery or extended cruising.

I am a fit fifty something looking for sailing opportunities to get out on the water. Not looking to get paid (and pay tax!) but don't expect to contribute financially offering instead my time, experience and qualifications.

I ran a crewed and catered yacht charter business from 2003 until 2014 when my wife and I departed from the Middle East bound for South America for a 2 year liveaboard extended cruise. I have skippered and owned yachts from 26 to 52 feet, Monos and Cats and covered about 50000 miles including Ocean crossings. I have extensive knowledge of the Med and Caribbean as well as rallies including the ARC.

I hold a Master of yachts 200gt and RYA yachtmaster ticket with current commercial endorsement and stcw 95. I am a great cook and also a musician. I am a non smoker and have no special dietary requirements

I am currently in Europe in southern France; Palma, Antibes, Brittany driving distance and the rest of the Med and UK only a few hours away but willing to fly anywhere including the Americas or Far east! We come as a couple if additional crew are required.

Lets email and or Skype to discuss the possibilities.
CatCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 18:33   #2

Boat: Lagoon 420
Re: I have the time and experience if you have the boat!

Hey there,

I'm just heading to Puerto Rico to run a small charter gig to SVI's and USVIs. I have a lagoon 420, maybe a fit. I'm also just heading from Fort Lauderdale to PR via Bahamas leaving mid April.

Are you still available/interested in sailing some?

Cheers,

Rob
psychfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 01:18   #3

will PM you Rob.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:40   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCouple View Post
Sailing yacht skipper with commercial qualifications now retired available.

Hi, I sold my last boat a Fountain Pajot 46 cat last year in mexico and I am missing the ocean! I hope to offer you my experience to help you with your ocean crossing, rally, regatta, assisted passage, vacation , delivery or extended cruising.

I am a fit fifty something looking for sailing opportunities to get out on the water. Not looking to get paid (and pay tax!) but don't expect to contribute financially offering instead my time, experience and qualifications.

I ran a crewed and catered yacht charter business from 2003 until 2014 when my wife and I departed from the Middle East bound for South America for a 2 year liveaboard extended cruise. I have skippered and owned yachts from 26 to 52 feet, Monos and Cats and covered about 50000 miles including Ocean crossings. I have extensive knowledge of the Med and Caribbean as well as rallies including the ARC.

I hold a Master of yachts 200gt and RYA yachtmaster ticket with current commercial endorsement and stcw 95. I am a great cook and also a musician. I am a non smoker and have no special dietary requirements

I am currently in Europe in southern France; Palma, Antibes, Brittany driving distance and the rest of the Med and UK only a few hours away but willing to fly anywhere including the Americas or Far east! We come as a couple if additional crew are required.

Lets email and or Skype to discuss the possibilities.
I have a Endeavour 40. You would have the V berth and own head
chefjeff0556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 22:56   #5

Boat: 56' CNSO Mikado Cutter Ketch

Hi,

I just posted a crew wanted.

Take a look and see if you might be interested. If so, let me know and we can chat to see if we are a good fit with one another.

Thanks,

Jeff

Crew Wanted: Florida to San Francisco via Panama Canal - Cruisers & Sailing Forums
Mikado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 02:43   #6

Boat: Lagoon 450S
Send a message via Skype™ to davedindubai

Hi CatCouple,

would you take a look at my crew wanted ad, Miami to Azores and let me know your thoughts?

thanks,
Dave
davedindubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:39   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedindubai View Post
Hi CatCouple,

would you take a look at my crew wanted ad, Miami to Azores and let me know your thoughts?

thanks,
Dave
Hi dave

our thoughts are that the expensive flights would make it cost prohibitive for us, thanks for thinking of us and Fair winds! S.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:01   #8
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Voyage, 500

We are a happy, easy going couple, leaving Grenada (Been here for 3.5 months looking for a crew to help with the watches. Chris is a licensed Capt for years (He can fix ANYTHING) and I (Lorrie) am a professional chef.
We have a 2010 38 leopard that is in excellent condition. 4 Berth/2 head, you will have your own side of the boat.
No smoking/Drinking/Nudity
Leaving Grenada to St Thomas asap. May come back to Grenada or head on to US depending on the weather.
Let us know of your availability.
lokityler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 23:07   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCouple View Post
Hi dave

our thoughts are that the expensive flights would make it cost prohibitive for us, thanks for thinking of us and Fair winds! S.
Hi guys,

I pm'd you, did you see it?
Old 07-05-2018, 21:52   #10

Hi CC,
hope you don't mind, i sent another pm...
Old 08-05-2018, 06:44   #11

Are you only looking for someone to help you get from point A to B or someone to stay on the boat long term, over months at a time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokityler View Post
We are a happy, easy going couple, leaving Grenada (Been here for 3.5 months looking for a crew to help with the watches. Chris is a licensed Capt for years (He can fix ANYTHING) and I (Lorrie) am a professional chef.
We have a 2010 38 leopard that is in excellent condition. 4 Berth/2 head, you will have your own side of the boat.
No smoking/Drinking/Nudity
Leaving Grenada to St Thomas asap. May come back to Grenada or head on to US depending on the weather.
Let us know of your availability.
windycityxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:15   #12
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Voyage, 500

Where are you located?
We are looking now at Grenada down to St Thomas and back. No time frame yet but need experienced cat captain.
lokityler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:41   #13

Hey guys thanks for all the offers! we are pretty much tied up until October 2018 now. Hope you all find some good people to sail with.

Fair winds

S & L

Tags
boat, enc