Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2021, 00:59   #16

Re: I search a Captain

Hello everyones ! I read all of you very well and i'm gonna follow your advices. So now i search a captain for the Bresil !

I'm gonna down the country by bicycle until ushuaia and continue like the originally plan. After that, follow the west coast until colombia by bicycle, take a boat again for florida, riding to alaska, sailing to japan, and then crossing corea, china, mongolia, russia, eastern europe and then france.

And i forget something: my budget is low, i started with 14 500 € 4 month ago, and i sleep in tent. Since i'm in captown, i sleep to the backpackers for 150 Rand/night, so for me it's a lot, that's why i want to go quickly to south america.
Of course i can give money for crossing the ocean, but i saw someone say i can take a cargo for 100$/day, for me it's impossible.

I got a youtube channel and a facebook page if you want: Lilian - Tour du monde en Vélo.

Thanks again for your help
Lilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:55   #17

Boat: Roberts 45

I trust you've listed yourself with all of the other websites that are out there, some specifically to look for crew?
Also, do you have any sailing experience? If not, I'd suggest use your waiting time in Cape Town and become a competent crew member. Check all the sailing clubs down there, put out notes on their bulletin boards and once you get to know a few people you're more likely to hear about someone heading west.

Good luck!

https://www.timantra.net
hzcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 13:57   #18

Boat: Outremer 55L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilian View Post
... After that, follow the west coast until colombia by bicycle, take a boat again for florida, riding to alaska, sailing to japan, and then crossing corea, china, mongolia, russia, eastern europe and then france.

Your trip plan is great for the land parts, but not good for the ocean passages. There are specific seasons and common routes for each of the passages in your plan - you have received good advice regarding South Africa to Brazil. Of course, Covid restrictions is another issue that you will have to deal with.

Columbia to Florida is usually a cruising area and there will be few if any cruising boats willing to do a direct passage to the US. Why not just ride through Central America and Mexico?

Alaska to Japan is the reverse of the usual passage and you will be very unlikely to find anyone willing to make that passage. San Francisco to Japan is the usual route and the season is May to July.

Good luck!
fxykty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, captain