Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-06-2019, 10:21   #1

Boat: Tartan 34-2
Kemah, TX to Fort Lauderdale, FL

Provided the weather cooperates, the plan is to mostly motorsail offshore (in the shipping fairways for safety) from Kemah, TX to Pensacola, FL. Spend a night or two at a marina in Pensacola, then follow a coastal route down past Key West and up to Ft Lauderdale. Stage 2, later in August, will be to continue to Annapolis. Boat is a 1989 Tartan 34-2 SD with new offshore raft, radar, AIS transponder, and many other upgrades and safety gear. Looking for 1-2 experienced, Christian, conservative crew. Please respond or PM me only if seriously interested.
JSwanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 12:57   #2

Re: Kemah, TX to Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hi, please ignore if anyone finds this offensive or it's in the wrong place, but it's a genuine question. I see you are looking for Christian, conservative crew. Have you (or anyone reading) had an issue on a boat where religious or political differences were so pronounced that it made the trip truly difficult or unpleasant? If someone is of a different faith or political bent, can't people usually find topics other than religion or politics to talk about?

I ask because it's not an issue I had thought about before when considering potential crewmates, and perhaps bears some attention.
SantaFeTrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 14:47   #3

Boat: Tartan 34-2

Yes, sadly, I have experienced serious issues with intolerant crew. This is why I require specific characteristics. To explain and justify further would just bring the all-too-common silly arguments and criticisms from the vocal minority. I thank all who read, responded, ignored, or considered my request. I have already found available crew, and this posting can and should be removed without further discussion.
JSwanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 10:21   #4

Boat: 19' Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSwanson View Post
Provided the weather cooperates, the plan is to mostly motorsail offshore (in the shipping fairways for safety) from Kemah, TX to Pensacola, FL. Spend a night or two at a marina in Pensacola, then follow a coastal route down past Key West and up to Ft Lauderdale. Stage 2, later in August, will be to continue to Annapolis. Boat is a 1989 Tartan 34-2 SD with new offshore raft, radar, AIS transponder, and many other upgrades and safety gear. Looking for 1-2 experienced, Christian, conservative crew. Please respond or PM me only if seriously interested.
Glad to hear that some skippers are being truthful in screening people that they want for crew. Good for you. I see you’ve already found crew, too bad, I’m a Christian conservative who lives in the Kemah area and I have much experience. Would like to have been considered for your trip. At any rate, I wish you fair winds and following seas Cap, have a safe trip.
robmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fort lauderdale, kemah