Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-12-2021, 03:06   #1

Boat: 2002 Admiral 38 Catamaran
Like a crew

Looking for a crewperson for time in the Florida Keys and to Bahamas possibly. Have a 38 Admiral Catamaran looking for someone that wants to adventure. Sailing experience or not don’t care. Share all expenses except boat repair. Always stay on the hook. Currently in St Augustine but moving southward. Head back to North Carolina in March. Interested? You know what to do.
ebisucapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2021, 21:56   #2

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint
Re: Like a crew

Hello Skipper, Wish I was free to join you sooner, but by March I could make myself available for your passage back up to N.C. Many deliveries, coastal and blue water (> 5K nm), night owl so the midnight watches are my joy. Certified ASA & ICC & multiple references. Solid & good health. Provide my own transport (thank you United freq flyer points), and glad to pitch in for exp. Let's keep in touch if you'd need a hand for the moving North esp as your schedule might change. Oh, no problem for chilly weather (after two decades in Maine). Also have an interested nephew if there's room then.
Cheers for now & Happy New Year.
softgoodsint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2021, 22:03   #3

Boat: Freedom 38

Hey there. So you got your cat? Sounds like a nice one. Hope all is going well and you find good crew!
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2021, 06:47   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgoodsint View Post
Hello Skipper, Wish I was free to join you sooner, but by March I could make myself available for your passage back up to N.C. Many deliveries, coastal and blue water (> 5K nm), night owl so the midnight watches are my joy. Certified ASA & ICC & multiple references. Solid & good health. Provide my own transport (thank you United freq flyer points), and glad to pitch in for exp. Let's keep in touch if you'd need a hand for the moving North esp as your schedule might change. Oh, no problem for chilly weather (after two decades in Maine). Also have an interested nephew if there's room then.
Cheers for now & Happy New Year.

Will keep in mind. No hard core sailing plan kinda going with the wind. If don’t have other crew by then do have three staterooms.
Old 31-12-2021, 06:49   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamayun View Post
Hey there. So you got your cat? Sounds like a nice one. Hope all is going well and you find good crew!

Hey look who it is. Yes had it fours years now. Wife supposed to join me but life threw a wrench in that. Still spending summers in Alaska
Old 31-12-2021, 15:06   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to bootsie1

In Manhattan have squatters since last September I'm hoping to get them out soon and would be interested in possibly helping you with your cat I like my house better but I have about four thousand miles an open ocean and might want a little more let me know your exact time schedule then I'll send you a CV
bootsie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2021, 16:37   #7

Howdy Skipper,
It looks like thats a perfect time to dedicate to sailing. I would love to take some time and join your crew if you have any more space aboard. I can send you a private message as well. I study in Gainesville but my hometown is Daytona Beach, I could defintiely make my way to you.
Kit2588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 01:54   #8

Well squatters suck. I have no hard plans on where I am going. Willing do discuss with crew. Right now slowly working my way down the Florida coast. If you decide to come and haven’t taken on crew by then we can set up a place to join. Do need back in NC by End of March. To get back home to Alaska Contact me at 1 (907) 251-5523
Old 01-01-2022, 03:24   #9

Boat: Tartan 33

Morning Captain,

Where are you in Florida currently? I am in Titusville, near Cape Carnival and I have a few more days of holiday and some PTO to burn. I was wondering if I could maybe join you on your adventure for a few days.

I would call/text, but I wanted to touch base on here first.
sailinglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 07:53   #10

Currently in New Smyrna Beach so not to far. How much time you thinking. Could take icw to you. No winds to sail there right now. Was heading South on the third. As winds change then hopefully.
Old 01-01-2022, 18:22   #11

Boat: Still looking for an education

Sailed Fernandina Beach to St. Augistine on EbisuMaru just after Christmas. It was a worthwhile experience, and would be aboard now if life would permit. If your opportunities allow it, I recommend joining Greg. He is paramount dedicated to safety aboard, the music is good, and he is free with sharing what he has learned while cruising. If need be, I may be able to run you between the Orlando (MCO) Airport and where EbisuMaru is currently anchored until they make the cross to the Bahamas.
SCWentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 18:09   #12

Boat: Catalina 30

Hi Greg - I’ve got time February to April before I get back to teaching Sailing on the Chesapeake. Love to have some stories to tell when I get back.
sfhilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 12:53   #13

Boat: Hunter 25.5

Please keep us in mind in December 2022.
SV_PrimaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 06:33   #14

Boat: Catalina 30

My schedule opened up. I have sailed BVI for a week on a catamaran and teach sailing up in the Chesapeake. It's getting chilly to keep sailing here about now so I could use some time in the keys. hhowes@me.com
sfhilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 13:23   #15

Boat: In A Cat Search

Hello,
My wife and I are shopping for a liveaboard catamaran and would cherish the opportunity to help crew on your yacht. We'll be in Miami Florida (looking at boats) beginning Feb. 7th and available until end of March. I sent you a private message as well. Thank you!

Tags
crew