Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2018, 12:34   #1

Limited experience

Looking for unpaid or cost sharing passage crew experience on 40'+ Catamarans.

My name is John Dupre' and I am looking to help crew a vessel on passage in order to gain experience. I am a 30 year old male from Albany, GA with a wife and two children. I am a former Marine and my wife is retired Army. We own and operate a small trucking company and maintain residence in Albany, GA and Destin, FL. We are considering cruising and may purchase a larger boat in the future.

We have and currently own river based power boats of around 22' since 2003. I have experience solo sailing on 22'-28' monohull sail boats but that was 2005-2009. I do not currently hold any ASA certifications however my wife and I plan on attending water sailing">Blue Water Sailing school out of Fort Lauderdale, FL this winter for their bareboat catamaran course.

I am open to any diet and schedule. I do smoke cigarettes but only outdoors and can vape if necessary. I do drink on my time but have zero issues with a dry vessel. Please feel free to contact me with any offers or concerns.
JMDupre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc