Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-11-2020, 16:30   #1

Looking for sailors Tampa Florida

I just bought a MacGregor 26 x . It’s a really nice motor sailor I am looking for someone to go sailing with me . Actually teach me how to
Sail I will supply the boat all food and drinks . Anyone want to have some fun in Tampa Florida from December 23 - 5 January. Please have sailing experience. Thanks for reading !
jgsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2020, 21:00   #2

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint
Re: Looking for sailors Tampa Florida

Congratulations on the purchase, and that's a well suited boat for your area, coastal, and occasionally shallows (I'm thinking the Keys & Sanibel, I've not actually sailed Tampa Bay). But those have water ballast system, another skipper I converse with has one, and she's crossed to the Bahamas so they can manage out in the open too. Plus being light, they can go a lot faster than traditional mono-hulls.

I have about five years of serious sailing, about 5000 nautical miles of off-shore, with ASA certifications, and would be happy to share some of the knowledge I've learned in ASA training.

Oh, a convenient way to get started that I found very valuable for the "book learning" education is at 'www.nauticed.org' on-line, web based training programs. Of course, there's no substitute for being out on the water, but those folks to a great job of packaging the training content into a very well organized body of training material on their web site.

As a promotional bit, they offer two free classes (I think was sail trim and rules of the road). Then there is a rather modest fee to take additional courses to get various levels. They then tie into ICC certifications assessments to demonstrate/verify one's skill levels, I think a very worthwhile program.

Meanwhile, I'd look forward to catching up, probably post Christmas.
Cheers for now.
softgoodsint is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, sail