Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2024, 14:33   #1

Looking to learn

Here's your refined message:

Hello all,

It's been my dream to sail after retirement and eventually circumnavigate. As I get closer to that goal, I'd love the opportunity to sail with others to learn all I can before purchasing my own boat. I recently took a "learn to sail" class locally and am excited to build on my limited knowledge.

I'm self-employed, very easy-going, respectful, and hard-working. I live in Oregon but can travel to learn. I'd love the opportunity to take part in sailing adventures anywhere from one day to two weeks. Please let me know if you're open to having an eager-to-learn crew member for your next adventure.

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	416.2 KB
ID:	290618   Click image for larger version

Name:	profilepic2.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	329.8 KB
ID:	290619  

Jon Burnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 03:15   #2

Boat: Outremer 55L
Re: Looking to learn

You’ve got a great start and hopefully you’re connecting with local sailing clubs - while racing may not be your primary interest it is the fastest way to start sailing on other people’s boats and to learn about sailing. Offer to help with maintenance is usually always appreciated. Meeting cruisers and learning about fixing boats in exotic places is more difficult.

We’re in Indonesia, so a bit of a trek for you, but are always keen to welcome new sailors for a week or two or three to join our live aboard cruising life. If that’s of interest PM us.
fxykty is offline   Reply With Quote