Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-08-2017, 22:43   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
New Caledonia -> Norfolk -> Opua,NZ in November

I'm buying 40 foot catamaran in New Caledonia in October 2017 and looking for crew to help sail it to Opua in New Zealand with stop over at Norfolk Island. Timing depends on weather and should be somewhere between late October and early November. We will be part of All Points Rally.

About the boat: 40 foot production catamaran from 2008. It's in good shape and setup for cruising (current owner sailed her from Florida to New Cal).

About me: 31yr old male from Australia. Sailing experience 500nm coastal cruising of East Coast of Australia aboard 40 foot monohull as owner/skipper (living aboard for 6 months with wife and a kid).

What I'm looking for in the crew: Fit person with experience of doing ~1000nm passages as a crew or skipper able to stand watch on their own. Able to legally enter New Caledonia, Norfolk Island (Australia) and New Zealand.

Aboard you will have your own private cabin, food and drinks provided. You are responsible for your own travel and visa arrangements as well as snacks if you have special dietary requirements.

Plan is to meet aboard at least a week before intended departure (meet mid October) and do some practice sails (to isle of pines for example) to get to know boat and each other. There will be 3-4 of us aboard. Me, possibly current owner (very experienced sailor) and 1-2 crew.

Would consider couples if both have mentioned above sailing experience, have sailed together and have been together for more than 2 years (don't want any dramas or break ups in the middle of the ocean).

Send me a private message on this forum if you are interested and available or know someone suitable.

Cheers,
Kostya
Sv_ponyo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal, New Caledonia