Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2021, 19:41   #1

Norfolk to Charleston around Hatteras early October

Looking for crew to move my 39 ft 1997 Malo (2 cabins) from Norfolk, VA to Charleston, SC. Departure date will be determined by weather, ideally 2nd week of October. The plan is to head outside at Norfolk, round Cape Hatteras, staying inside the Gulf Stream.

I will cover voyage costs (fuel, food, etc.), you are responsible for your travel to/from boat expenses. Blue water experience preferred, able to stand watch. Non-smokers, Covid vaccinated. No alcohol during passage (I will be happy to buy the 1st round upon arrival in Charleston).
aesandiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 07:12   #2

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint
Re: Norfolk to Charleston around Hatteras early October

I understand "weather permitting" (since it often doesn't), but assuming typical October weather and given this looks to be about 500-ish NM, so would you be expecting a five day trip or longer since we'd probably be pointing into the wind a bit?
I have 5K nm blue water experience, most recently BVI to Bermuda to Chesapeake and would love to fit this into my fall schedule and quite enjoy being off-shore in the deep end and all that goes with that, from watches to my turn in the galley (cooking or cleanup). I have a handful of similar trips, the longest topping a month delivery from Mexico to the Panama Canal (Pacific side). So I come equipped and responsible for my own transport as well as a shared food, and typical misc. expenses.
softgoodsint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 17:40   #3

Re: Norfolk to Charleston around Hatteras early October

Thanks for your reply softgoodsint. The trip should be 5 to 7 days, depending on weather and where/if we (as a team) decide to stop in Beaufort/Southport. I will PM you and go from there.
aesandiego is offline   Reply With Quote