Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-07-2018, 11:19   #16

Boat: Sail any boats from 28 to 60 ft
Re: Nov - May Female Crew Key West to Belize to Bahamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyH View Post
Imagine wearing a bikini while cruising on a comfortable sail boat and listening to water splash across the hulls and sounds of trade winds on the sails while underway and it is another cold, dark, and snowy winter day back home. There are starry nights and moonlit skies to see. There many tropical stops to make. When anchored there are beautiful beaches, funky little towns, fine resorts, local cuisine and local customs to enjoy and explore. There are lots of friends to be made. This is the cruising life that many people dream of and that Buffet sings about. Live the dream this season. Come for the season and stay for as long as you would like.

My boat is now on the Chesapeake Bay until mid-October. The season begins with a sail to Key West in mid-October for this year's Fantasy Fest. From there we go to Belize, then to the Bahamas and return home on May 1. Also join me to sail the Chesapeake Bay from now until early October

I am interested in a female crew-mate to share this wonderful adventure with. Although I would like to have one crew member for the entire time I also understand that some people cannot be away for so many months. If you cannot stay for the 6 months please do not let that deter you from contacting me

I need assistance with sailing, docking, cooking, keeping the boat clean and maintained, and to provide companionship. Some sailing experience would be great but if you have not logged hundreds or even thousands of nautical miles, dont worry. Sailing is not hard to pick up. I will share with you what I know. The boat is safe, clean, well maintained, and well equipped. It features a large cockpit, air conditioning (when in port), washing machine, water-maker, auto-pilot, GPS, 3 spacious berths (each with head), televisions, 2 refrigerators & freezer, and many other features. Pets, partners, parties, drunks, liars, and substance abusers are deal breakers and completely unacceptable. Social drinking and recreational weed use is ok
It looks like you are NEW to the crew wanted scene.

Please post a pic of yourself, age, and how much cash you have. To speed up the process, clearly state how much you are willing to pay per hour for the girl wearing bikini and serves as an eye candy for you viewing pleasure.

Please keep in mind. Girls are not stupid, they know your motive. If you still want to play, you need to pay.
Old 22-07-2018, 12:11   #17

Boat: Lagoon 420 42 feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
From a woman's perspective, it does not sound like a dating proposition. But starting off by telling the reader they will be wearing a bikini gives your post a certain vibe. Being a woman on a boat with a man that she does now know has the potential to be uncomfortable, especially since you only want one crew. Most women have experienced unwanted aggressive advances from men in all areas of our life. Sailing with just one man who you have no history of is probably not the most comfortable thing for single women.

In your profile you mention you have a fiancee. ?
thank you for all of your advice but i cannot help but wonder why i am receiving all of this attention by people who are not even considering to sail with me.

i am drawing an accurate vibe by bringing up wearing a bikini because thats what many women wear sailing in warm waters. a comparison is being drawn between being down there and remaining in a miserably cold place for the winter. my feeling is that if a woman reading this has had unwanted advances or is uncomfortable with what i have written that she will not respond. i hope that a woman who reads this knows what she wants and wise enough to make her own decisions. additionally if there is an interested party my reputation is unimpeachable and will be willing to share that with whomever i select to sail with me. i have looked over my review and see nothing about being engage. i am blissfully unmarried, happily unengaged and ecstatically pleaasd being single. when i joined last year i was indeed engaged but that is no longer the case
Old 22-07-2018, 16:15   #18

Boat: Morgan 382

Funny, change post from hetero to gay and people would be defending you not questioning you. HMMMMMM.
Old 22-07-2018, 16:36   #19

Boat: Hunter 380

This request is a joke. Putting female in the title, first line mention of a bikini, and then the classic "companionship". One on one time with a man she hardly knows? I can imagine women will be beating down your door.
Old 22-07-2018, 16:41   #20

why do you care what i do? are you not getting any action and living vicariously through me? my suggestion is find someone and get to it instead of concerning yourself about me
Old 22-07-2018, 16:57   #21

Boat: Hunter 380

Quote:
why do you care what i do? are you not getting any action and living vicariously through me? my suggestion is find someone and get to it instead of concerning yourself about me
Haha, I don't care, and I wasn't going to post until I saw your ridiculous defenses when people called you out. Just be honest. You want a girl on board and you hope it'll be something more than a platonic arrangement.
Old 22-07-2018, 17:17   #22
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickfox45 View Post

Just be honest. You want a girl on board and you hope it'll be something more than a platonic arrangement.
Gee Einstein, isn't that what we all want?
[emoji33]
Old 22-07-2018, 19:28   #23

Boat: Roberts 45

Quote:
[...] my feeling is that if a woman reading this has had unwanted advances or is uncomfortable with what i have written that she will not respond. [...]

You sure have a point there, Jonny!

Most importantly, offering to go day sailing with her from now until you want to leave south makes a lot of sense, too. Of course you don't want to set sail with a fruit cake that's not compatible with you, no matter the looks. After all, your life, or at least well being, might also depend on her decisions and behaviour.

https://www.timantra.net
Old 22-07-2018, 20:08   #24

hzcruiser - thanks. unlike these wives/girlfriends that read the post to check on what their husbands are doing or the henpecked husbands that feel the need to comment because their wives dont care for this you get it.. finding pretty girls to sail with is easy but the psycho ones need to be culled out. i kicked one off last year in grenada. thats why i will cover half of their travel expense to come here for an intervew and a couple of days of sailing
Old 22-07-2018, 20:08   #25

Boat: Ocean Alexander, Ocean 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud bug View Post
Funny, change post from hetero to gay and people would be defending you not questioning you. HMMMMMM.

Yep.
Old 22-07-2018, 20:14   #26

pelagic - all of my life i have always had all of the girls i want. another one for romance is not going to make much of a difference to me. i dont get why you are having an issue with any man wanting to sail with girls instead of dudes. so tell me why are you having an issue with this.
Old 22-07-2018, 20:22   #27

nickfox - like i said in an earlier post i have always had as many women as i want so another one for a boat romance is not going to make a difference to me. it sounds to me that you might be a little resentful.
Old 22-07-2018, 22:11   #28
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
pelagic - all of my life i have always had all of the girls i want. another one for romance is not going to make much of a difference to me. i dont get why you are having an issue with any man wanting to sail with girls instead of dudes. so tell me why are you having an issue with this.
Hi Johnny
I think you may be confusing me with someone else...
Only support and best wishes from me...
(See my post #6)

Good luck, you know what your doing and I have been there also.
Old 23-07-2018, 00:56   #29

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
Hi Johnny
I think you may be confusing me with someone else...
Only support and best wishes from me...
(See my post #6)

Good luck, you know what your doing and I have been there also.
[emoji108] I hope, you find your mate for cruising!

Life could be soo easy...
Old 23-07-2018, 02:40   #30

Boat: Morgan Classic 33

Does seem to be a bit more pru..puritanism than one'd expect from a bunch of sailors...
Closed Thread

Tags
Bahamas, Belize, crew, key west