Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2018, 06:06   #76

Boat: Pearson 323
Re: Nov - May Female Crew Key West to Belize to Bahamas

I've been watching this thread from its inception and I've got to say it has taken some 'interesting' turns. Which if you don't start reading from the beginning and only pick it up midstream gets a bit scary. (you can't un-see the pictures)

My only observation is; wouldn't an RV suit your purposes better?

So Ya, there is no water and I get that there isn't a deck for the bunnies to parade on, but it is getting closer to fall and you could always strap your latest conquest to the front bumper. Don't forget to tag her at the registration station, or the Game Wardens will be tracking you down. AND no poaching.

Maybe my daughters will be safer with you at sea, never mind.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:13   #77

Boat: 26' Larson

Easy Does It! What else are you supposed to wear in the Bahamas! Of course you're going to be wearing a bikini. I just got back from a passage and Antiqua to Annapolis it was a platonic crewing position. It sounds like a lot of fun
Old 10-08-2018, 08:03   #78

Boat: Contessa 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbi View Post
Sorry Johnny but i think this thread has been
Im sorry too JohnnyH! And I apologize for my deplorable sense of humor. On the upside I will be posting a crew wanted ad soon myself. So if it’s any consolation you’re welcome to heckle me with all the lewd comments you care to make about boat bunnies etc.

I really do hope you find a nice lady to sail with. Just remember to take care of yourself and make sure she’s not a wingnut before you go offshore with her!
Old 10-08-2018, 13:12   #79

No weed Here. HA! I am a straight female not looking for a boyfriend, but a friendly sailor. I am a retired Aircraft Maintenance Officer...…… management, not a technician. Hold USCG (6Pak) License and have owned a sailboat since 1988. I am now an RN. Me and my sailboat live near Annapolis.
Old 10-08-2018, 13:26   #80

Ofcourse that is OK. I put that out there to get it straight from the beginning. All we are, are our experiences. If still interested email me at: mercedes6167@hotmail.com. My name is Jan Wilson. Hope to hear from you because my schedule is completely flexible.
Old 10-08-2018, 21:20   #81

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeMarge View Post
My 'friend' is interested.
She is closer to 70-years old than she would like to admit.
She is sturdy. Clydesdale sturdy.
She can weld, she can re-wire an alternator. She can wrestle an anchor until the poor thing taps out.
Her idea of food constitutes haggis with sheep eyeballs as garnish.
Bikini? No need. It's all or nuttin for our gal.
And she likes to cuddle. Do you mind snoring?
Compliments to Marge (if that's your real name ;^D), thanks for the serious laugh! Not all sailors (of either gender) are svelte, 20-ish, and they couldn't wrestle a proper anchor if they were. That said, how can I get your haggis recipe?
Cheers.
Old 10-08-2018, 21:56   #82

Boat: Tartan 3000

Some serious thread drift. Need to get back to Johnny finding a young bed warmer with 20 years of sailing experience. Would you consider sailing to Asia?
Old 11-08-2018, 12:47   #83

Boat: Contessa 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedes View Post
No weed Here. HA! I am a straight female not looking for a boyfriend, but a friendly sailor. I am a retired Aircraft Maintenance Officer...…… management, not a technician. Hold USCG (6Pak) License and have owned a sailboat since 1988. I am now an RN. Me and my sailboat live near Annapolis.
Hey Jan you sound AWESOME! I’d sail with you anytime! If you ever get up to Lake Ontario let me know. There’s a bunch of fun, hardcore women sailors up here and you’d have no trouble at all finding people to cruise or race with. Platonic of course ... but after all this is a SAILING forum ;-)
Old 29-11-2018, 18:57   #84

Boat: MacGregor 26

OP must be in Belize. Sad. I wanted an update and a few pics
Old 29-11-2018, 21:07   #85

Boat: 1967 Alberg 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierdoc View Post
OP must be in Belize. Sad. I wanted an update and a few pics
He probably was put off by all the people telling him how "creepy" he was. Hope he has cast off and doing well...

If his add had said "I prefer to sail with guys, not women", I wonder if there would have been an outcry of women objecting to his bias?
Old 30-11-2018, 04:14   #86

Well, it WAS creepy. You come to a sailing site and try to paint some romantic scene of what it’s like to lay on a deck of a boat. This is a sailing site. I think most people know what that’s like.

Heck, i’d love someone cleaning and cooking for me lounging around in a bikini too. Who wouldn’t?

His intentions may have been pure, but it came across as very sketchy. Reread the first paragraph by itself and pretend it’s a dating site. It won’t seem weird at all. Then toss in “we’ll start with Fantasy Fest in key west”, “I don’t want anyone with a partner”, you can drink and smoke pot and it gets laughable. What better way to screen a bikini clad mate for a tropical voyage than seeing if they’ll go to Fantasy Fest as a first stop.

But again, we are speaking to appearance, he is responding based on intent. Two totally different situations. If you cannot tell that you’re acting creepy that’s a bad thing, especially when you still can’t see it’s creepy after being told multiple times.
Old 30-11-2018, 04:28   #87

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Well, it WAS creepy. You come to a sailing site and try to paint some romantic scene of what it’s like to lay on a deck of a boat. This is a sailing site. I think most people know what that’s like.

Heck, i’d love someone cleaning and cooking for me lounging around in a bikini too. Who wouldn’t?

His intentions may have been pure, but it came across as very sketchy. Reread the first paragraph by itself and pretend it’s a dating site. It won’t seem weird at all. Then toss in “we’ll start with Fantasy Fest in key west”, “I don’t want anyone with a partner”, you can drink and smoke pot and it gets laughable. What better way to screen a bikini clad mate for a tropical voyage than seeing if they’ll go to Fantasy Fest as a first stop.

But again, we are speaking to appearance, he is responding based on intent. Two totally different situations.
It was creepy to you! Not everyone percieves the world the same way.
Old 30-11-2018, 04:32   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by daletournier View Post
It was creepy to you! Not everyone percieves the world the same way.
Cleerly, which is why we are telling the OP that much of his target audience thinks he’s looking for some adventurous single young hot chick to do fun things in exotic places with.

Because he does not see what many of us do. And i’d Add it seems creepy because he keeps claiming no romantic intent.

It would NOT be creepy if he said everything identical and added “hoping we can meet, hit it off, and then set sail on a romantic adventure together”
Old 30-11-2018, 04:53   #89

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Cleerly, which is why we are telling the OP that much of his target audience thinks he’s looking for some adventurous single young hot chick to do fun things in exotic places with.

Because he does not see what many of us do. And i’d Add it seems creepy because he keeps claiming no romantic intent.

It would NOT be creepy if he said everything identical and added “hoping we can meet, hit it off, and then set sail on a romantic adventure together”
Hang on, you assume you represent the many? How do you know that? Can't you understand that this is your interpretation seen through your own filters! Sure, there's some that will agree with you BUT there's "many" that may not agree its creepy.

Every girl I've had onboard generally wears a bikini or less and has enjoyed doing so...... reality maybe creepy to you but it's not to me.

What I find disturbing is "some" like yourself label a guy you don't even know as creepy based on how you choose to interpret his post, it's actually insulting to the poster.

Shock horror he mentioned enjoying wearing not a great deal on a sailboat while cruising tropical islands, "many" dream of doing exactly what he's offering.... Good on him.
Old 30-11-2018, 05:17   #90

What does “the many” mean? I’m not claiming majority status. But I AM agreeing with a statement several have made and has repeatedly been made, you know, “many people”

Again, I don’t care what people wear or what they do. But let’s say your daughter brought you this ad and told you she’s headed out. Are you seriously telling me you would have no concerns there is a potential for nefarious, even predatory, intent here? You’d just wish her well on her fun adventure?

If I said something or did something that several told me was creepy, i’d Feel bad and change what I said/did to not appear creepy. I don’t understand the concept of “forget those who think it’s creepy, THEY are the weird ones”. Wouldn’t you want to not appear creepy to anyone? This post could have done that, but it didn’t.

If instead of a sailboat it was a cruise ship shared cabin, would it be weird? What about a 2br 1ba villa on a tiny uninhabited island?
Closed Thread

Tags
Bahamas, Belize, crew, key west