Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-11-2018, 05:46   #91
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Nov - May Female Crew Key West to Belize to Bahamas

What is it with all these doddery old dudes assuming/insisting that if 'Romance' is not involved its weird and creepy..
Get a grip and jump forwards a few decades..
No strings and commitments is a common ask from all sides of the sex divides since at least the '80's.
Not everyones desperate for the ball and chain..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 30-11-2018, 05:49   #92

Boat: MacGregor 26
Re: Nov - May Female Crew Key West to Belize to Bahamas

Not sure who you’re referring to boatman. I think the issue here is “romance” is rather obviously implied but never admitted. THAT’s what makes it “creepy”. “Creep” means slow advance to avoid being detected, right??? Creepy...

For the record... I bet this is EXACTLY how the women “lost” from Hawaii started, though it’s pure speculation

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ld-say-n818531

If Op’s Intent was pure as new snow, he wrote it totally wrong. If his intent was a romantic voyage to start a relationship, he wrote it pretty good except for leaving out the hope for a relationship. We are not trying to be morality police, we are trying to be a sounding board for OP to consider how some view his post.

He is not interested in hearing that. Not sure why
Old 30-11-2018, 06:09   #93

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierdoc View Post
Not sure who you’re referring to boatman. I think the issue here is “romance” is rather obviously implied but never admitted. THAT’s what makes it “creepy”. “Creep” means slow advance to avoid being detected, right??? Creepy...

For the record... I bet this is EXACTLY how the women “lost” from Hawaii started, though it’s pure speculation

If Op’s Intent was pure as new snow, he wrote it totally wrong. If his intent was a romantic voyage to start a relationship, he wrote it pretty good except for leaving out the hope for a relationship. We are not trying to be morality police, we are trying to be a sounding board for OP to consider how some view his post.

He did not write it totally wrong, you read it the way you needed to view it, this is your issue.

You are now making more indirect accusations by bringing up your theoretical daughter version. Ok let's run with that, your daughter being attracted to going cruising on a sailboat in the carribean wearing bikinis alot the time...... once again, shock horror!!!! Let's take in one step further, they actually get along, like each other and have SEX! Imagine that, I can assure you this happens more than occasionally, not all guys that have or have had female crew are creeps or worse.

The creepiness is happening in your mind.

As Boatie said, we are in the 21st century, the guy advertised for female crew and mentioned the word "Bikini".... time to move on and stop calling the bloke a creep because he views the world differently to you. For all you know he could be a wonderful guy, that's the thing you don't know and there's know way of knowing based on one post on a cruisers forum.

Women that interpret it the way you do shouldn't apply. I'll bet many would be interested to cruise paradise in bikinis.

BTW "many" dosent imply just a couple or some.
Old 30-11-2018, 06:12   #94

If he had not said bikini it would still be creepy.

I’ll take my old self out of this thread. Carry on

Oh, and get off my lawn!
Old 30-11-2018, 06:32   #95
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:

Hoosierdoc.. From '95 to '99 I sailed down W Europe to and around the W Med with an awesome lady who made it clear there was no commitment either way..
We lived as a couple, healthy physical relationship but zero expectations and a clear understanding that it was purely for the duration.. 20yrs later we are still friends and I count her as one.. if not the best friend I have had.
Yes.. Folk considered us weird..
Not aimed at anyone specific.. Just that times have changed and some dont get it.
Would "Must wear thongs and ready to get leg over whenever mutually desired" been more acceptable.???

Old 30-11-2018, 06:44   #96
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

pretty funny when "no romance involved" means platonic-only to some, and sex with no strings to others.

the word "creepy" has zero objective meaning, beyond "what I find repellant"
Old 30-11-2018, 06:48   #97

Wow,
a guy puts a post up, maybe in the wrong place....maybe not... and 7 pages later it's still going.
Think maybe some folks got tooo much time. A lot of easily offended folks around eh.
Say, I was wondering why Australia has such a high number of sexual and violent assaults against women compared to the rest of the world? Is it because they can't legally defend themselves.....say with a concealed weapon?

Oooohhh, this gunna be fun!!!
Old 30-11-2018, 09:40   #98

I read the whole thing, the only “offended” people seem to be the OP and those defending the post as not being creepy. Who are you saying is offended?

I agree with you on the self defense issue. Guns... making women equal in fights for centuries
Old 30-11-2018, 10:05   #99
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
I read the whole thing, the only “offended” people seem to be the OP and those defending the post as not being creepy. Who are you saying is offended?

I agree with you on the self defense issue. Guns... making women equal in fights for centuries
Working well in the most gun oriented society outside Afghanistan..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape..._United_States

Old 30-11-2018, 10:20   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Working well in the most gun oriented society outside Afghanistan..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape..._United_States
You still never clarified who you thought was offended.

Smile faces about rape statistics? Wow.

To your point though... what percentage of rapes in the US are by people known to the victim and unexpected assault? What percentage are while the victim is impaired due to alcohol or other drugs? How would a gun help them?

If you’re talking about being grabbed off a sidewalk and taken somewhere, a firearm and training in self defense would come in very handy.

Would you support all women carrying firearms? If not, what if you could magically put one in her hand 5 mins before she’s about to be assaulted. Would you do that?
If not, why? If yes, then why would it be wrong for them to be armed at all times? With the stats you posted it’s clear they’re likely going to be raped at some point anyway.

Or were you just making an absurd reference?
Old 30-11-2018, 11:18   #101
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

No.. the smiley was at your reference that guns would make a difference..
Would they have made a difference for the kids abused by the priests the parents trusted.. or the sports coaches.
Its obvious you know little and care less about real life happenings.. rape in marriage, rape in families by fathers and on occasion mothers.
You just seem to assume rape only happens to women walking along the sidewalk in a mini.. and would likely be like the redneck cop who says "Whadya expect if you dress like a tramp".
As has been said in the link.. only a percentage are ever reported because its less shameful and safer.. for want of a better word.. to suffer in silence and try to forget.
Throwaway comments like a gun would make a difference are plain dumb and lack intellect.

Old 30-11-2018, 11:34   #102

No, you post of those statistics show that even in a society with lots of guns rape still happens. I then pointed Some of the circumstances it might happen where owning a gun would not help, which you then use those same example to say I am ignoring.

My point was that having a firearm that you Carry May likely only help in that instance of a random public encounter. I then pointed out that is the vast minority of rapes, so you cannot use rape statistics to prove that gun ownership does not deter rape.

You now have at least to direct questions you’re refusing to answer, yet you respond with insults.

Probably trying to close this thread.

You have members insulting others directly and saying they do not care about rape victims, that crosses the redline.
Old 30-11-2018, 12:13   #103

Boat: Hans Christian 43

Just read this whole thing....
I think I'll go back to the holding tank vs compost, or cat vs monohull threads now. People get along better over there
Old 30-11-2018, 12:19   #104

Boat: Lagoon 420 42 feet

a single man writes a very clear ad about what he wants and yet he is roundly criticized and insulted. to all of the puritans, prudes and stuffed shorts out there that have taken a dim view of my ad, i will first say that the response from prospects as a result of this ad has been excellent. i weighed anchor november 1 with two gals that met my requirements. we will have a great winter with each other. for those of you that have chastised me i assume that you are good republicans that don't want the government interfering in your lives but yet you have attempted to interfere with mine. i suspect that the women who have criticized me lost their looks and supple attractive bodies long ago. an ad such as mine drives home that point, you are not wanted anymore. to the married men that did not like what i said, i understand why you wrote what you did, your wife would cut you off if you were to say "atta boy!" live your lives and i will live mine. at the end of the day i am the one that will have more fun and much better stories to share
Old 30-11-2018, 12:35   #105

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

This thread has been closed due to pot stirring that has caused excessive acrimony.

Tags
Bahamas, Belize, crew, key west