Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2017, 07:19   #1

Boat: Hunter Cherubini 27
Oct/Nov. south from Manhasset Bay LI to Miami & beyond

Hello,

I am hoping to head south the end of Oct/ beginning Nov. Miami is my destination and then across the gulf stream.

I am sailing a well maintained 1975 Hunter 27. She is simple, slow but trustworthy. Basic safety and electronic equipment.

I am 50 years old but I would bet you wouldn't know it. I am formally a financial professional and venture capitalist who has reverted back to his hippy was of past. I have been boating since youth, but this being my first year of sailing. I am ASA 101 103 cert. I hopped onto the boat in April and each week I spend more and more time on her. At this point and am on the water more then the land. I have fallen in love. I am a good cook and have extensive mechanical and engineering experience, so I am confident I can keep her afloat and moving.

I am looking for an individual who may be interested in taking this trip south outside. I have no interest in motoring the ICW. The individual should be physically fit and health conscious (but not a health Nazi), even tempered and open minded and intelligent. I would prefer experienced female crew (no expectations, I just prefer the friendship of women).

We will depart late Oct early Nov we will look to go outside, do a overnight cruse or two and duck in for a dock and a bit of rest or weather watching from time to time. The exact itinerary will be decided between crew and myself during the "get to know you time". I will cover the boat costs as it is going south with or without crew. Crew splits meals and covers personal needs. Getting to the boat and from the boat is crews bag but I am on Long Island so I wouldn't mind a 100+-mile drive to help out.

I am posting now so we can make friends and maybe get a sail or two in this summer.

Let me know,
David
Dayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:03   #2

Re: Oct/Nov. south from Manhasset Bay LI to Miami & beyond

Hi, I like your proposition. I just got a Pearson 30 and was entertaining the idea of doing something similar. I believe your boat is more fit and secure and you have more experience on water. I am 57, licensed skipper, good cook and it seems a similar mind set. If you do not insist on female company I could make a good friend. Would love to share a sail or two around Long Island. Available weekdays and weekends. My boat is in Greenport and I look forward to spend the summer sailing 3-4 days a week depending on weather.
TirstyTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:32   #3

Boat: Hunter Cherubini 27
Re: Oct/Nov. south from Manhasset Bay LI to Miami & beyond

Hello,
Thanks for the reply. I am not insistent on female crew. I will sail with anyone cool. "Skipper and cook", you may be the more experienced.

I would appreciate a sail with you. Lets get together. We could even consider a buddy boat trip down the coast.
David.
Dayo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miami