Cruisers Forum

View Poll Results: What do I need to add to my post?
More personaal info 0 0%
More route info 0 0%
More info on cost 0 0%
What? 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2023, 18:08   #1

Boat: 38 Endeavor Sloop
Panama City FL to Bahamas

Leaving Panama City FL in December 2023 returning March 2024.
Owner Kathryn Miller with 6-pack Captains License. 5 years of mostly short distance sailing experiences that include a round trip to the Keys in 2021. I have sailed a few thousand miles; most of my sailing experience is within 100 miles of my home (spent most of my time in the St Andrews Bay) with a few trips down the coast to Apalachicola, Carrabelle, and St Joe. Plan to go straight to Marathon then to Key Largo to hop over to Bimini. From Bimini to spend the bulk of the trip travelling in short day sails down the Exuma Coast to spend a couple weeks in George Town heading back to arrive in Panama City in March. Sailing on a 1978 37.5 foot sloop rigged Endeavor Sailboat. 4-108 Perkins in tip top shape, The boat was hauled out in in 2021 and is being hauled out again Nov. 14th for inspections. Boat has new Electronics (2021) with radar, epirb, secondary independent bilge, and all new hoses, filters, belts and impellors (with back-ups) 12 foot dingy with 6.5 HPS mercury. No generator, NO water maker (we carry 100 gallons of fresh water), battery bank of 6; plan on adding solar before leaving. Looking for able bodied sailor(s) to assist with sail. Crew Needs at least the basic sailing skills; NO NEWBIES. Also I will NOT be rushed so there will be no promises of arrival dates, crew must be willing and able to wait out all weather restrictions, I ALWAYS ERR ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION. No drinking while underway. Most of the time we will be staying on the hook, not planning on spending more than a few night at Marinas.: Basic costs (fuel, food and living needs) will be paid, to be discussed in detail and depend on the individual crew members experience level. Crew is expected to pitch in on water costs and definitely need cash to pay for personal needs. Your expectations should be to enjoy a leisurely sail, with a minimum of creature comforts: salt water baths, lots of beans and rice, and a drama free, slow trip in paradise. Please contact me first by email at kmiller@kmiller.biz Not looking for a boyfriend This boat has been an Airbnb listing so photos will be provided by link upon request.
KATHRYN MILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2023, 02:39   #2

Boat: Grampian 30
Re: Panama City FL to Bahamas

Email sent!
Jay
JayChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2023, 15:05   #3

Boat: Catalina 36

Kathryn, I am a 69 year old veterinarian from South Carolina. I am semi-retired and may be able to fill in as crew for parts of your journey. I have sailed in protected waters in Biloxi Sound (Gulf Coast) and in Port Royal Sound (Beaufort, South Carolina). I began sailing with a 28’ O’Day in 1995, own a Hunter 25.5’ daysailer for lake sailing, and have recently bought a Catalina 36 sloop. I have done about 35 solo hours this summer on the Catalina in Port Royal Sound, venturing out for short hops into blue water. I am in good health and rather strong for a 69-year-old farm girl. If you needed me for 7-10 days or so, I could fly to Miami and then back to SC from whatever port we are near in the Islands. I would love to talk with you if you are interested. Thanks.
Nan Saye, SV Sweet Vela, Beaufort, SC
Catdrnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2023, 13:42   #4

Email Sent
Neil
Time2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2023, 14:30   #5

Boat: Last boat 51, Baveria

E mail sent
Pilot Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2023, 10:35   #6

Boat: Bristol 27 #182, MystereS 17' Catamaran #531
Send a message via Skype™ to EarlWer

Email sent.
Old 24-11-2023, 12:30   #7

Boat: Last boat 51, Baveria

Earl, I have never done any sailing on Great Lakes but am always looking for new experiences . If you have any interesting trips keep me in mind . Gene
Pilot Gene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bahamas, Panama