Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-08-2021, 04:07   #31

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
Re: passage Ct.east coast to florida

[QUOTE=SailFastTri;3469381]It's already clear that those states with low vaccination rates have high covid infection ratesQUOTE]

And low education rates
Old 25-08-2021, 04:09   #32
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailFastTri View Post
The OP has every right to his opinions, and to decide who goes aboard his boat.
In this situation absolutely agree, 100%. If so inclined he could require crew members to be actively infected.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2021, 05:36   #33

Boat: 30 catalina

......hello rdl....thanks for the reply....the flying monkeys and tv watchers are out in force...... im looking for crew and they are yammering about my vx position....i thinks they will soon find out they are not as smart as they think they are... tentative departure date on sept 15.
The boat will be in mystic shortly...im new to this site....how do we discuss this privately...thanks again for your interest....tom
TomN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2021, 05:57   #34
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomN View Post
......hello rdl....thanks for the reply....the flying monkeys and tv watchers are out in force...... im looking for crew and they are yammering about my vx position....i thinks they will soon find out they are not as smart as they think they are... tentative departure date on sept 15.
The boat will be in mystic shortly...im new to this site....how do we discuss this privately...thanks again for your interest....tom
Well from one of the flying monkeys, this is a free, public forum which means you are free to post any question or comment you like but also, within the restraints of decorum, any other member is also allowed the same privilege.

If you want to communicate out of the public view you can click on a particular user's name and send that person a PM (Private Message) that is, as the name implies, private.

Regarding the vaccine, I believe you might be the one who might find out how smart your attitude may be. If you look at current statistics, well over 90% of all serious cases, hospitalizations and deaths from Covid are those that are not vaccinated. If you look at the numbers the odds of serious Covid for unvaccinated are much higher than the number of those showing any side effects from the vaccine. I base this not just on news reports but also the personal experience of family and friends that are doctors and nurses and seeing this first hand.
Old 25-08-2021, 07:21   #35

Boat: 30 catalina

.........skipmac.....thanks for the info....im looking for crew. i am not here to opine or listen to your intrusive misconceived medical dysentary...about the plandemic.
not to be rude....i suggest you go back to the yachtclub have a drink and continue watching television....dont you have anything else to do?
best regards
TomN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2021, 07:44   #36
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
.........skipmac.....thanks for the info....im looking for crew. i am not here to opine or listen to your intrusive misconceived medical dysentary...about the plandemic.
not to be rude....i suggest you go back to the yachtclub have a drink and continue watching television....dont you have anything else to do?
best regards
As I mentioned before, this is a free, public forum and just like you are free to express your opinions, so are all the other members. Freedom of expression works both ways. You don't want to hear other's opinions then you are free to start your own forum and make your own rules.

Seems like you are resorting to the tactic common in the ultra conservatives, IE resorting to rudeness and insults when confronted with logical arguments. I tried to respond to you logically and politely but you apparently cannot do the same.

I might add that I am not a member of any yacht club, I might have a drink 2-3 times a year, and prefer reading to watching television.
Old 25-08-2021, 12:37   #37

Send a message via Skype™ to leont

When do you an to start?
Not a female, but the rest should work.
leont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2021, 12:38   #38

When do you plan to start?
Not a female, but the rest should work.
Old 25-08-2021, 12:47   #39

Sorry, missed your post with the date, too many irrelevant posts. Sept. 15 is too early for me. Good luck and enjoy.
Old 26-08-2021, 06:58   #40

Boat: Catalina 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
I completely disagree. It belongs in every conversation I have with another human on this planet. This virus is hangin around because not enough people got vaccinated quickly enough.

Let's agree to disagree... anyone reading this who is not vaccinated (and who doesn't have a very valid medical reason not to be) is going to continue to create problems not solutions.
THIS is a boater's forum, not a forum for medical ethics, politics, vax vs non-vax. Go post those comments on YouTube, twitter Facebook . They are not welcome here.

We come here to discuss BOATS, and no one here wants to hear the same BS that we get 24/7 form the media agencies.
sinnerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2021, 07:13   #41

Boat: Dufour Safari 27'

Quote:
.im new to this site....how do we discuss this privately...thanks again for your interest....tom
Hi Tom. I sent you a private message with my details. You can find this message by gong to the top right of the page when you are logged in. At the top right of the page, you will see a line that says something like Welcome, TomN. Right underneath that is a link that says Private Messages. If you click on that link, you will go to inbox for your private messages.

I hope that helps.
ArmyDaveNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2021, 19:36   #42

Boat: PDQ 44i

We are ALL participating in this science project. You make the decision whether you want to be in the study group (vax) or the control group (no vax). There is no choice that avoids participating in the project.
doublewide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:55   #43

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesevans View Post
Long trip small boat 50 miles/day avg when you are under way. lots to see, lots of American history. Take warm clothes and sleeping bags. It can be cold if early winter.
===========================
he is motoring south in September!!!
September's stats average the highest hurricane storms hitting the east coast in that month, if somebody thinks with enough warning can seek refuge, think twice, many times we are under mandatory evacuation ( NC), and no place to hide!!!
I have a local boatyard whereas a customer can be haul out on short notice, that have done several times.
Your boat, your life, your choice.
Best of luck
davil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:25   #44

Boat: Tartan 37 "Velera"

Quote:
hello....looking for-competent crew as mate for trip to florida via icw....departure ct, probably mid sept....should be familiar with basic navigation-gps and weather monitoring.......tranquility is key, no drama, no drunks...UN-vaxd preferred... retired female looking to escape the matrix may be good fit. anyone interested considered...presently in ct. boat is a clean 30' catalina...
Unvaccinated? No. Seems like you want some competent crew who do not believe in science, accepting expert advice and following government recommendations. Good luck.
Castine, Maine
Pete the Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:13   #45

Boat: Bavaria 36'

I don’t think that I will be joining.
Bill_Giles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
east coast, florida, passage