Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2021, 11:50   #46

Boat: 30 catalina
Re: passage Ct.east coast to florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete the Cat View Post
Unvaccinated? No. Seems like you want some competent crew who do not believe in science, accepting expert advice and following government recommendations. Good luck.

...........dont you have anything else to do then spew bs.
TomN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 13:24   #47

Boat: Seahorse 52 trawler

Hi Tom. Through all the pages of non boating issues we have been sidetracked. May I ask your what your boating experience is? Thanks.
RiffRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 14:57   #48

Boat: Schionning Wilderness 1480

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizoc View Post
Good luck finding someone with that attitude!
It'll be easy and would be much preferred over your attitude.
com5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 15:04   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
We all have choices. Pfizer vax is now fully approved. If you think that is a science experiment then you probably don't believe in medical help at all.

Here's the problem this creates and has created. You are 29 times more likely to be hospitalized if you get COVID and have not been vaccinated. 98% of the COVID deaths since we started vaccinating are those who were unvaccinated. So those who are unvaccinated are cloggin up our hosptials thus preventing those who really need and want medical care from getting it. The choice is yours and I think that choice should come with some consequences. If you get COVID stay home, take some Tylenol, and chill.
blah blah blah, move on entitled one
Old 03-09-2021, 15:05   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
Well from one of the flying monkeys, this is a free, public forum which means you are free to post any question or comment you like but also, within the restraints of decorum, any other member is also allowed the same privilege.

If you want to communicate out of the public view you can click on a particular user's name and send that person a PM (Private Message) that is, as the name implies, private.

Regarding the vaccine, I believe you might be the one who might find out how smart your attitude may be. If you look at current statistics, well over 90% of all serious cases, hospitalizations and deaths from Covid are those that are not vaccinated. If you look at the numbers the odds of serious Covid for unvaccinated are much higher than the number of those showing any side effects from the vaccine. I base this not just on news reports but also the personal experience of family and friends that are doctors and nurses and seeing this first hand.

Did the mainstream media tell you that?
Old 03-09-2021, 15:09   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete the Cat View Post
Unvaccinated? No. Seems like you want some competent crew who do not believe in science, accepting expert advice and following government recommendations. Good luck.
What he doesn't want by the sound of it, is brainwashed sheep like you. If you're holding Fauci up as your guiding light "believe the science" there's no hope you'll understand anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	science saponsors.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	244684  
Old 03-09-2021, 15:21   #52

.........thanks for the support brother...this site is inundated with tv watchers who have nothing else to do but spew their spoonfed medical disinfo...have a good wkend
Old 03-09-2021, 19:15   #53

Boat: 55 fleming

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT UNTIL 15 OCTOBER AND THEN TAKE A LOOK AT THE TROPICAL ATLANTIC FORECAST.
wesevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:35   #54

Boat: 2006 Jeanneau SO 37

If I were looking for crew I would ask if they are vaccinated. If they said no, I wouldn't want them on my boat.
GulfportBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:11   #55

Hello! Like minded here, UN vaxxed and UN masked! 64 Male with flexible schedule. I just completed a Key West/Nassau round trip as only crew. 40' Bali going and 52' Lagoon coming back. Before that did a Ft. Lauderdale to Jamestown RI as only crew aboard a 36' Lagoon...all charter boat deliveries. Based in Ormond Beach. Let's talk about your trip!

Richard
richtay57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:44   #56

Boat: Seahorse 52 trawler

Too early for me.
RiffRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 13:49   #57

... Hi Richard just sent you a private message
Old 05-09-2021, 14:39   #58
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by com5984 View Post
What he doesn't want by the sound of it, is brainwashed sheep like you. If you're holding Fauci up as your guiding light "believe the science" there's no hope you'll understand anything.
I find this photo very insulting. My daughter spent 12 years in college, med school and residency to become a doctor and is dedicated to helping others.

One thing that was emphasized in med school was avoidance of any outside influence on her medical opinions. She will not even use a ball point pen with a pharma company logo and that attitude holds true for all of her colleagues.

So please enlighten us. If you don't get medical advise from doctors and scientists who have dedicated their lives to study, research and helping their fellow man, who do you trust? A politician? Some anonymous conspiracy theorist on Facebook? Certainly none of them will have any kind of agenda.

And if you do catch Covid and become seriously ill, where will you go? Maybe a hospital to be treated by a doctor?
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 15:01   #59

Boat: Pearson 323

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
I find this photo very insulting

Most humor that is really funny has a little bit of truth associated with it. This is particular true for photos and videos. If that really offends you, and your not just being 3rd party offended, you may need a little more bran in your diet.
mjscottinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 15:21   #60
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjscottinnc View Post
Most humor that is really funny has a little bit of truth associated with it. This is particular true for photos and videos. If that really offends you, and your not just being 3rd party offended, you may need a little more bran in your diet.
Get plenty of fiber in my diet and can laugh at most anything, including myself and doctor jokes that might offend my daughter.

Bottom line it's not what you say but how you say it and based on the rest of the post I'm pretty sure the OP had no intent to be humorous. So if you want to nitpick, I'm not offended by the photo per se but I am offended by it within the context of the rest of the post.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
east coast, florida, passage