Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2021, 15:22   #61
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422
Re: passage Ct.east coast to florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomN View Post
.........thanks for the support brother...this site is inundated with tv watchers who have nothing else to do but spew their spoonfed medical disinfo...have a good wkend
So do tell. Where do you get your medical disinfo? Maybe Facebook or Fox News?
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 15:30   #62
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: C&C 33 MKII

Tom, just ignore reply’s that don’t relate to your questions.
Can’t do the trip with you but have done Milford ct to Norfolk and back.

We went down the East river and followed the coast done to Norfolk. Nice sail, easy to pull in to a marina if weather is in the forecast. We hit the icw in Norfolk. Pretty easy from there.

Bring warm clothes, it gets cold at night until you get south.

You sound like an experienced sailor. Hitting the East river from the sound can be tricky. You must align your trip down the east river with the tides. Sure you have an Eldridge. The current in the East river can be 6-8 knots. If you don’t time it right you should plan to stay a night at a marina. City island has a lot of nice spots to pick up a mooring. Call in advance.

The view of NYC from the Atlantic is really amazing. We caught it at dusk 5 miles south of the Verrazano. With the sun setting the city glowed like emerald city.

Good luck, will be a great sail.
Hamish_ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 15:33   #63

Boat: Pearson 323

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
Get plenty of fiber in my diet and can laugh at most anything, including myself and doctor jokes that might offend my daughter.

Bottom line it's not what you say but how you say it and based on the rest of the post I'm pretty sure the OP had no intent to be humorous. So if you want to nitpick, I'm not offended by the photo per se but I am offended by it within the context of the rest of the post.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion, I shared mine and you shared your. I’m ok with that. Cheers and best regards
mjscottinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 15:51   #64
Marine Service Provider

Boat: PDQ 36, 36'5", previously Leopard 45 cat and Hunter 33 mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete the Cat View Post
Unvaccinated? No. Seems like you want some competent crew who do not believe in science, accepting expert advice and following government recommendations. Good luck.

We do actually have some of them aboard. I think it is possible to guess who they are, without even asking! NOT me, by the way.
contrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 16:16   #65

Boat: 30 catalina

.... skip Mac... don't you have any thing else to do...why don't you get a life...go somewhere else .....you are intrusive and irrelevant ....go back to watching television...and be quiet...
TomN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 16:34   #66

Location: Boat currently for sale in Oriental, North Carolina
Boat: Nauticat NC36 36'

Quote:
Originally Posted by com5984 View Post
What he doesn't want by the sound of it, is brainwashed sheep like you. If you're holding Fauci up as your guiding light "believe the science" there's no hope you'll understand anything.
+1

Al, S/V Finlandia
Old 05-09-2021, 17:02   #67

Boat: Dufour Safari 27'

Hi Tom. Is the mid September start a firm date? I would be interested however mid September might be difficult. I sent you a PM.

Regardless, I wish you well with your trip. I have taken a few boats down the coast and it is a great trip regardless of whether you go on the outside or inside. Certainly it is more fun stopping each night and checking out the local restaurants, but I have never had a bad journey and have enjoyed the unique experience each has provided.

Fair Winds!
ArmyDaveNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 17:08   #68

.....thanks for your comments brother
Old 05-09-2021, 17:15   #69

Boat: Schionning Wilderness 1480

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
I find this photo very insulting. My daughter spent 12 years in college, med school and residency to become a doctor and is dedicated to helping others.

One thing that was emphasized in med school was avoidance of any outside influence on her medical opinions. She will not even use a ball point pen with a pharma company logo and that attitude holds true for all of her colleagues.

So please enlighten us. If you don't get medical advise from doctors and scientists who have dedicated their lives to study, research and helping their fellow man, who do you trust? A politician? Some anonymous conspiracy theorist on Facebook? Certainly none of them will have any kind of agenda.

And if you do catch Covid and become seriously ill, where will you go? Maybe a hospital to be treated by a doctor?
So your daughter is one of the good ones, that's great. You would be naive to think that the meme does not have some truth to it. Didn't you ever watch "The Fugitive"
com5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 17:27   #70

Boat: Dufour Safari 27'

Tom, while I don't know of your exact plans or goals for the trip, there are a number of interesting places to stop along the way, should you desire to stop often or even every night. One of my favourites is the Dock Street Bar and Grille in Annapolis. The Dock Street has some of the best crab cake meals I have ever had.

The nice thing is that there are a lot of unique locations that make for a nice evening stop during the journey. What is your final destination?
ArmyDaveNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 17:35   #71

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Unvaccinated guests only. Our policy.
Makes life easier.
Old 05-09-2021, 18:09   #72
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomN View Post
.... skip Mac... don't you have any thing else to do...why don't you get a life...go somewhere else .....you are intrusive and irrelevant ....go back to watching television...and be quiet...
I've got a great life and don't really watch TV that much. Prefer boating, hikes, diving and hanging out with the family. Since I don't watch tv I have plenty of time to read cruiser's forum.

And once again, this is a free country, a free and public forum. Not your forum and anyone that wants can post.
Old 05-09-2021, 18:16   #73
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
So your daughter is one of the good ones, that's great. You would be naive to think that the meme does not have some truth to it. Didn't you ever watch "The Fugitive"
Watched the fugitive a couple of times, even the original TV series. Of course if was made in Hollywood it must be real?

But, don't put words in my mouth. I said all of her colleagues (she works in a small hospital), never said that all doctors everywhere are angels and perfect.

I personally knew one that was sent to jail for prescribing opioids to anyone that walked in the door. Have met a couple that were happy to pad bills to the insurance companies and bring patients back over and over for essentially nothing.

Pick any group or profession and you will find some bad eggs, some criminals and a few idiots. Applies to doctors, lawyers, police, even a few sailors.
Old 05-09-2021, 18:47   #74
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
What he doesn't want by the sound of it, is brainwashed sheep like you. If you're holding Fauci up as your guiding light "believe the science" there's no hope you'll understand anything.
Still waiting to hear who or what you use as a source of information.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:14   #75

.....if you are so smart and your daughter is so well e
Fixated why don't you ask her what the contents of these so-called vxs are....then go back to watching television.l

Tags
east coast, florida, passage