Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2021, 19:30   #106
Marine Service Provider

Boat: PDQ 36, 36'5", previously Leopard 45 cat and Hunter 33 mono
Re: passage Ct.east coast to florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
The odds are similar, you'll die anyway at the end.

Healthy people die from vaccines, people with preconditions die with or on the virus. 99% survive an infection, 95% are asymptomatic, that is good enough efficacy of unvaccinated for me.

I wonder what poor safety decisions YOU make whilst sailing, if your logic is that we all die, anyway? What rubbish!
contrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 11:35   #107

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrail View Post
I wonder what poor safety decisions YOU make whilst sailing, if your logic is that we all die, anyway? What rubbish!
99.9% of people do not even sail, because they think they are safer on land... So that's about the rubbish.

Life is risky, and no one will survive it in the long run, but it doesn't mean, you have to stay all the time in your panic room, because it is your safest place.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:54   #108
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Life is risky, and no one will survive it in the long run, but it doesn't mean, you have to stay all the time in your panic room, because it is your safest place.
No one has advocated going into a panic room. That's just a silly exaggeration. There's a huge difference between prudence, taking reasonable precautions and panic.

Would you consider wearing a harness to go out on the foredeck at night in a storm panic or a reasonable, easy to implement, safety precaution? Sure one might slip, have the tether wrap around your neck and choke to death but that's a lot less likely than being washed overboard and drown.

Seems to me to wearing a mask and getting a vaccine would fall into the same category. You might have an adverse reaction but the odds of dying from Covid are much, much greater.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:24   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
No one has advocated going into a panic room. That's just a silly exaggeration. There's a huge difference between prudence, taking reasonable precautions and panic.

Would you consider wearing a harness to go out on the foredeck at night in a storm panic or a reasonable, easy to implement, safety precaution? Sure one might slip, have the tether wrap around your neck and choke to death but that's a lot less likely than being washed overboard and drown.

Seems to me to wearing a mask and getting a vaccine would fall into the same category. You might have an adverse reaction but the odds of dying from Covid are much, much greater.
Maybe, maybe not. Wearing occasionally a mask is different than injecting poison.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:39   #110
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. Wearing occasionally a mask is different than injecting poison.
Poison?

So I guess a couple hundred million Americans (including me) are going to die from injecting poison? At least I hope I go before the aliens find me using the tracker chip in the vaccine. No telling what horrors they would perpetrate if I'm caught.
Old 09-09-2021, 20:34   #111

The side effects can be severe, long term effects are still to be seen. The jabs activate your immune response to the spike proteins, and supress your other immune system. You will receive your quarterly boosters soon...

You may not contract covid with severe symptoms (you may not got them unvaccinated either), but you may get heart inflammation, cancer, blood cloths in your brain, dementia and other diseases easier instead. It is a big test on a whole population to introduce a new bio-technology to the mass market, that was banned a couple of years ago as human genetic experiments.

I am very happy, that you like your jabs and you will get more of them soon for the whole greek alphabet, and after that the chinese one. Live with the possible consequences and leave the unjabbed unbelievers alone.
Old 09-09-2021, 20:49   #112
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Live with the possible consequences and leave the unjabbed unbelievers alone.
Hard for me (and others it seems) to sit by without comment when you call the vaccine is poison.

Don't make such inflammatory, unproven and unsubstantiated statements and you won't have to put up with comments from the "believers".
Old 10-09-2021, 11:32   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
Hard for me (and others it seems) to sit by without comment when you call the vaccine is poison.

Don't make such inflammatory, unproven and unsubstantiated statements and you won't have to put up with comments from the "believers".
Australian government was the source for the poison comment, the credits go there, but it is pretty much to the point... [emoji6]
https://www.wa.gov.au/government/pub...force-no2-2021
Old 10-09-2021, 11:46   #114

Boat: 2017 Leopard 40

New numbers released by the CDC:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/10/h...9-deaths.html?
Quoted from the above:

"Three studies that drew data from different U.S. regions evaluated the protective power of the vaccines. One looked at more than 600,000 virus cases in 13 states, representing about one quarter of the U.S. population, between April and July, and concluded that individuals who were not fully vaccinated were far more susceptible to infection and death from the virus.They were 4.5 times more likely than vaccinated individuals to become infected, 10 times more likely to be hospitalized, and 11 times more likely to die from the coronavirus, the study found.
Vaccine protection against hospitalization and death remained strong even when the Delta variant was the dominant form of infection. But the vaccines’ effectiveness in preventing infection dropped from 91 percent to 78 percent, the study found."
SailFastTri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 11:53   #115

Boat: 2017 Leopard 40

Quote:
The side effects can be severe, long term effects are still to be seen. The jabs activate your immune response to the spike proteins, and supress your other immune system. You will receive your quarterly boosters soon...

You may not contract covid with severe symptoms (you may not got them unvaccinated either), but you may get heart inflammation, cancer, blood cloths in your brain, dementia and other diseases easier instead. It is a big test on a whole population to introduce a new bio-technology to the mass market, that was banned a couple of years ago as human genetic experiments.

I am very happy, that you like your jabs and you will get more of them soon for the whole greek alphabet, and after that the chinese one. Live with the possible consequences and leave the unjabbed unbelievers alone.

Medically unsubstantiated "poppycock". Please reference your sources. Skip the conspiracy theories and sensationalist emotional headlines, and look to the medical/science community.
SailFastTri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 12:51   #116
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Australian government was the source for the poison comment, the credits go there, but it is pretty much to the point... [emoji6]
Well first of all, the Australian government didn't post that on this forum.

Second, check this link.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2OP1LD

It clarifies that the use of the word poison is a broad legal term that regulates a lot of substances. Plenty of things are poisons when used incorrectly or in too large a quantity. For example Vitamin D in large doses is toxic but in smaller doses is necessary for human health.
Old 10-09-2021, 13:07   #117

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,

Quote:
===============================================

Thank you CatNewBee for been thoughtful and open on your referring to the Australian defense force link.

I did go over and read the whole document (29 pages in total)
It is true the opening headline is

PUBLIC HEAL TH ACT 2016 (WA)
INSTRUMENT OF AUTHORISATION
AUTHORISATION TO SUPPLY OR ADMINISTER A POISON
[SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19) VACCINE -AUSTRALIAN DEFENCE FORCE]
(No. 2) 2021

I was intrigued, and it motivated me to read the whole document,I believe is a mater of nomenclature as we in the USA refer to Controlled Substances in medical practice.

===============================

What follows are just copy/paste of the most relevant snippets that address the immunization program in Australia.
Apologize on the length
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Immunisation policy, regulation and governance in Australia

2. Immunisation policy, regulation and governance in Australia Immunisation is one of the most successful public health interventions of the past 200 years. The low incidence of vaccine-preventable diseases In Australia attests to the effectiveness of our immunisation services, programs and policies. Since the introduction of routine immunisations in Australia in the 1950s, death or disability from vaccine-preventable diseases has reduced dramatically. Australia's high-quality immunisation system is internationally recognised. Routine immunisation of infants in Australia began in the 1950s, and the first nationally funded infant program for diphtheria, tetanus and polio started in 1975. The immunisation program has since expanded to include a new vaccines for an expanding range of diseases and is a major public program funded by the State, Territory and Australian governments

The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) The TGA rigorously assesses vaccines for safety, quality and efficacy before they can be used in Australia. Vaccines receive the same high level of scrutiny as other prescription medicines and related therapeutic goods. The TGA regulates therapeutic goods through:

Immunisation Coverage Immunisation coverage in Australia Is monitored through the use of the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR). The AIR is a whole of life, national immunisation register which captures all vaccines administered to those living in Australia. The AIR includes vaccines given under the NIP, through schools based programs and privately such as for seasonal influenza or travel. The Al R is administered by Services Australia under the Australian Immunisation Register Act 2015

3. The approach to COVID-19 vaccination during this pandemic Robust, vaccine-specific prog

Clear lines of responsibility across governments

The Australian Government is responsible for: • selecting and purchasing vaccines; • formally accepting vaccines from suppliers and ensuring that they meet the required standards; • safely transporting vaccine doses to storage and administration sites within each State and Territory, and between these sites and vaccination locations where it determines necessary; • specifying priority populations, drawing from advice from ATAGI; • establishing overarching principles for Immunisation scheduling;

4. COVID-19 vaccines purchased for Australia

Unprecedented resources are being expended globally with the aim of rapidly developing safe and effective vaccines against COVID-19. As of November 2020 there are over 200 candidate vaccines. many based on newer unlicensed but promising vaccine platform technologies. They are in various stages of development. with over 40 vaccine candidates in human clinical trials. No vaccines have yet been licensed for COVID-19 in Australia. The Australian Government has secured agreements for the supply of four promising COVID-19 vaccines, provided they prove to be safe and effective. Due to the different platforms, characteristics and requirements for each vaccine, each will have specific planning and programmatic requirements. Information on the vaccines purchased to date is below.

The University of Oxford/ AstraZeneca vaccine
COVAX
Pfizer and BioNTech Vaccine
Novavax vaccine.

5. Roll-out of the COVID-19 pandemic vaccination program

Allocation of doses across jurisdictions

7. Communications strategy A comprehensive communications strategy is being implemented by the Australian Government to support this Policy. The communication strategy will provide timely, transparent and credible information to inform and educate the Australian public, and health providers, about COVID-19 vaccines and vaccination. This will build confidence in the regulatory processes for COVID-19 vaccines and treatments, keep Australian's up to date on progress of and vaccine candidates, including International developments and local investment in research and ensure implementation plans for a national vaccination program are clearly communicated to support high uptake
END
=============================================

I believe your point is well taking, as the Australian Government has not taking lightly the protection of its citizens!!!
And there with appropriate lockdowns as needed they are relatively more successful on the control of this disease.
now of course been sarcastic and incredulous at your posting
========================================

I will leave it at that, perhaps others may comment and hope Gordon may pick on this
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
one last thing
on your posting
" Live with the possible consequences and leave the unjabbed unbelievers alone."

Will be happy to oblige if your tribe will not crawl into our hospitals begging for treatment and draining our hospitals of needed resources,I have my elective hip replacement surgery postponed again!!!!
davil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 15:48   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by davil View Post

Thank you CatNewBee for been thoughtful and open on your referring to the Australian defense force link.

I did go over and read the whole document (29 pages in total)
It is true the opening headline is

PUBLIC HEAL TH ACT 2016 (WA)
INSTRUMENT OF AUTHORISATION
AUTHORISATION TO SUPPLY OR ADMINISTER A POISON
[SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19) VACCINE -AUSTRALIAN DEFENCE FORCE]
(No. 2) 2021

I was intrigued, and it motivated me to read the whole document,I believe is a mater of nomenclature as we in the USA refer to Controlled Substances in medical practice.

===============================

What follows are just copy/paste of the most relevant snippets that address the immunization program in Australia.
Apologize on the length
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Immunisation policy, regulation and governance in Australia

2. Immunisation policy, regulation and governance in Australia Immunisation is one of the most successful public health interventions of the past 200 years. The low incidence of vaccine-preventable diseases In Australia attests to the effectiveness of our immunisation services, programs and policies. Since the introduction of routine immunisations in Australia in the 1950s, death or disability from vaccine-preventable diseases has reduced dramatically. Australia's high-quality immunisation system is internationally recognised. Routine immunisation of infants in Australia began in the 1950s, and the first nationally funded infant program for diphtheria, tetanus and polio started in 1975. The immunisation program has since expanded to include a new vaccines for an expanding range of diseases and is a major public program funded by the State, Territory and Australian governments

The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) The TGA rigorously assesses vaccines for safety, quality and efficacy before they can be used in Australia. Vaccines receive the same high level of scrutiny as other prescription medicines and related therapeutic goods. The TGA regulates therapeutic goods through:

Immunisation Coverage Immunisation coverage in Australia Is monitored through the use of the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR). The AIR is a whole of life, national immunisation register which captures all vaccines administered to those living in Australia. The AIR includes vaccines given under the NIP, through schools based programs and privately such as for seasonal influenza or travel. The Al R is administered by Services Australia under the Australian Immunisation Register Act 2015

3. The approach to COVID-19 vaccination during this pandemic Robust, vaccine-specific prog

Clear lines of responsibility across governments

The Australian Government is responsible for: • selecting and purchasing vaccines; • formally accepting vaccines from suppliers and ensuring that they meet the required standards; • safely transporting vaccine doses to storage and administration sites within each State and Territory, and between these sites and vaccination locations where it determines necessary; • specifying priority populations, drawing from advice from ATAGI; • establishing overarching principles for Immunisation scheduling;

4. COVID-19 vaccines purchased for Australia

Unprecedented resources are being expended globally with the aim of rapidly developing safe and effective vaccines against COVID-19. As of November 2020 there are over 200 candidate vaccines. many based on newer unlicensed but promising vaccine platform technologies. They are in various stages of development. with over 40 vaccine candidates in human clinical trials. No vaccines have yet been licensed for COVID-19 in Australia. The Australian Government has secured agreements for the supply of four promising COVID-19 vaccines, provided they prove to be safe and effective. Due to the different platforms, characteristics and requirements for each vaccine, each will have specific planning and programmatic requirements. Information on the vaccines purchased to date is below.

The University of Oxford/ AstraZeneca vaccine
COVAX
Pfizer and BioNTech Vaccine
Novavax vaccine.

5. Roll-out of the COVID-19 pandemic vaccination program

Allocation of doses across jurisdictions

7. Communications strategy A comprehensive communications strategy is being implemented by the Australian Government to support this Policy. The communication strategy will provide timely, transparent and credible information to inform and educate the Australian public, and health providers, about COVID-19 vaccines and vaccination. This will build confidence in the regulatory processes for COVID-19 vaccines and treatments, keep Australian's up to date on progress of and vaccine candidates, including International developments and local investment in research and ensure implementation plans for a national vaccination program are clearly communicated to support high uptake
END
=============================================

I believe your point is well taking, as the Australian Government has not taking lightly the protection of its citizens!!!
And there with appropriate lockdowns as needed they are relatively more successful on the control of this disease.
now of course been sarcastic and incredulous at your posting
========================================

I will leave it at that, perhaps others may comment and hope Gordon may pick on this
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
one last thing
on your posting
" Live with the possible consequences and leave the unjabbed unbelievers alone."

Will be happy to oblige if your tribe will not crawl into our hospitals begging for treatment and draining our hospitals of needed resources,I have my elective hip replacement surgery postponed again!!!!
Well stopp laying off hospital staff that refuses the vaccines, if you fear a lack of ressources and really care about the health care system...

You may end up waiting longer.

Do you think all this health care frontline personal, doctors, nurses are all alu hat wearing conspiracy theorists? They actually are seeing the damage they have imposed by the vaccines on their patients first hand, and refuse to take the jab.
Old 10-09-2021, 16:21   #119
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Do you think all this health care frontline personal, doctors, nurses are all alu hat wearing conspiracy theorists? They actually are seeing the damage they have imposed by the vaccines on their patients first hand, and refuse to take the jab.
Wonder where all these anti vax doctors are. In the US it is reported that 96% of all doctors have been fully vaccinated.

AND, not because they were forced. At my daughter's hospital 100% of the doctors got the vaccine as soon as it was available. Nine months later no reported problems.
Old 10-09-2021, 16:27   #120

Boat: 1987 Cape Dory MKII 30 Hull #3,

Just reading the headlines saw this article

We're all just so damn angry

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/10/polit...oll/index.html

I guess we are, at least I am.
Going now on our second year of this self-inflicted disaster.
davil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
east coast, florida, passage